5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- goat song
- unity of action
- a a tryout for a part in a play
- b also known as tragedy. The word derives from the ancient Greek religious ceremonies at which a god was sometimes depicted as having attributes of a goat.
- c main idea or theme
- d According to Aristotle, a play should have one main action with few or no subplots.
- e The speeches the characters say. The playwright's primary material.
5 Multiple choice questions
- genre associated with anarchic and unbelievable situations. The film Death at a Funeral is an example of a farce.
- Written by Aristotle, the earliest known essay analyzing theatre.
- A sad story with a happy ending
- What a character has to overcome to achieve their objective.
- The choice, sequence, and arrangement of the playwright's words
5 True/False questions
Character → The agents for the action
agent → A person who represents an actor by soliciting employment and negotiating contracts in exchange for 10 percent of the actor's salary.
inciting event → The point in the plot when the major dramatic question is asked.
tragedy → A sad story with a happy ending
emotional recall → The entirety of a character's part in a play