7 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the appearance of the words on the page
- A figure of speech in which an object or animal is given human feelings, thoughts, or attitudes
- the use of hints and clues to suggest what will happen later in a plot
- The main idea or meaning of a text. Often, this is an insight about human life revealed in a literary work. Forgiveness is the main thematic idea in our novel, Out of the Dust.
- n. A conclusion not directly provided by evidence, but able to infer or to guess based on the facts at hand or the details the author gives you.
- This is a figure of speech that expresses a resemblance between things of different kinds (a comparison formed with 'like' or 'as').
6 True/False questions
Mood → the appearance of the words on the page
Setting → word choice
Alliteration → use of the same consonant at the beginning of each stressed syllable in a line of verse
Connotation → use of the same consonant at the beginning of each stressed syllable in a line of verse
Conflict → word choice
Suspense → Uncertainty or anxiety the reader feels about what is going to happen next in a story