Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
PowerPoint 4 - Identifying Systems
Terms in this set (35)
1. Can they identify pictures, objects, actions, colors?
2. Can they identify responses to questions? What kinds of questions
3. Can they identify categories? Identify by function?
What are some questions you can ask about a client's receptive language skills?
1. Can they label pictures, objects, actions, colors?
2. What is their current vocabulary?
3. Can they respond to questions, complete sentences, etc?
What are some questions you can ask about a client's expressive language skills?
What 3 aspects of a client's language should you assess?
True or false: It is important to have a good understanding of if your client understands cause and effect
Utilize testing to determine _________ levels
1. SETT meetings
2. Case review/MDT
What are 2 kinds of meetings that can be used to discuss findings?
During/after the evaluation you need to identify barriers related to _________ and barriers related to ___________
3. display preference
4. comment or respond
5. participate in school or social activities
When determining the client's current mode of communication, you should determine how the client does these 5 things
1. How did the client come into the session
2. do they require any assistive equipment
3. how is their gait/balance
4. what is their arm control
What are 4 aspects of gross motor skills you should know for an eval?
1. Can the client isolate a single finger
2. Can they pinch or grasp
3. Can they point or tap
4. Can they type
What are 4 aspects of fine motor skills you should know for an eval?
Tools (current and needed/tried)
What does SETT stand for
False! A SETT meeting is more formal
True or false: A SETT meeting is less formal than a multidisciplinary team meeting
Can the client:
1. track people in the environment
2. track objects
3. identify from various fields
4. track an object across a field if it moves
5. differentiate colors
6. identify on a static display? dynamic display?
What are 6 aspects of a client's vision that you should know for an eval?
Can the client:
1. Localize sounds in their environment
2. Track a preferred sound or voice
3. Track a novel sound
4. Identify or label a sound
5. Has the client's hearing been tested?
6. What was their hearing threshold?
7. Is there any hearing loss?
What are 7 aspects of a client's hearing that you should know for an eval?
Does the client
1. Display cause/effect awareness
2. Display problem solving skills
What are 2 aspects of cognition you should know for an eval?
1. Does the client display communicative intent? For what purposes?
2. Does the client jointly attend to preferred activities? To novel activities?
What are 2 aspects of social/pragmatics you should look for in an eval
1. Barriers to communication
2. Barriers to use of a device
What are 2 different kinds of barriers to AAC systems?
What are 4 additional barriers to communication devices?
Limited attention span, repetitive and restrictive behaviors, pragmatic deficits, and poor receptive language skills are all examples of barriers to _______________
the use of a device
Poor vision, low muscle tone, and poor fine/gross motor skills are all examples of barriers to ___________
1. What does the client NEED to do with this device?
2. Where will he/she be using the device?
3. What are his/her current abilities without the device?
4. What areas require more assistance?
What are 4 questions to ask when determining the FUNCTION of an AAC device?
What are 4 common examples of features of a device?
True or false: It is important to include more than 1 to 2 devices in your recommendations
4. Device companies
What are 4 ways to request loaner devices and equipment?
Initiating ______________ after an evaluation is the next step towards determining the most appropriate device
All members of the ________________ should be identified after an evaluation and for device trials
Primary communication partners should be trained in the ________ and ___________ of each device
Trials within the _____________ session and _________ should be completed
Device trials should include various ____________ and communication ____________
_______ should be collected for each device during long-term device trials
If there is no assistive technology specialist, we facilitate the meeting
What is an SLP's role in a SETT meeting?
1. client's daily routine
2. methods of communication based on each activity
3. current breakdowns related to daily routines
All members of the client's team during the SETT meeting will identify what 3 things?
Once all members of the SETT team provide information, _____________ are identified in communication skills and methods of communication
SETT team members agree upon steps for _________ communication skills throughout the day
After the long-term device trials have been completed, the SETT team meets again to decide an __________ device
Sets with similar terms
USU COMD 4450--Nonverbal and AAC Intervention
CSD 475 Exam 2 study guide
Technology Unit 3 Lesson 4
AAC Case Studies
Sets found in the same folder
PowerPoint 2 - AAC Basics
PowerPoint 3 - Assessment
PowerPoint 5 - Funding
Other sets by this creator
Chapter 12: Becoming One's Own Clinician
Chapter 11: Making it Happen
Chapter 10: Feeling: Emotions and Moods, Readiness…
Chapter 9: Readiness as Openness
Other Quizlet sets
Abnormal Psych Midterm III
Midterm Study Guide pt. 2
MWH Fall Final Exam Chapter 9: The East Asian World