5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic
- Cholinergics and Parasympathomimetics
- a TOPAMAX- topiramate
- b The ANS is divided into what two parts?
- c LAMICTAL- lamotrigine
- d SINEMET- levodopa/carbadopa
- e Two drugs that MIMIC the activity of the PNS?
5 Multiple choice questions
- TEGRETOL- carbamazepine
- What are the two drugs that MIMIC the activity of the SNS?
- What are the two drugs that BLOCK the activity of the SNS?
- Many drugs either _____ or _____ the action of the neurotransmitters.
- benztropine (Anti-Parkinson's)
5 True/False questions
SINEMET → levodopa/carbadopa (Anti-Parkinson's)
Autonomic Nervous System → Involuntary body functions; works whether we are awake or asleep
Anticholinergics and Parasympatholytic → Two drugs that BLOCK the activity of the PNS
Rest and Digest → What is one of the main functions of the Parasympathetic System?
during times of stress → When is the Sympathetic System activated?