Create an account
1. the usually long nose and mouth of an animal; snout
2. a covering for the mouth of a dog that stops it from biting people
3. the hole at the end of a gun where the bullet comes out
to prevent (a person or group) from speaking or writing in a free or normal way; to inhibit free speech
1. to give (a person or a group of people) a legal right;
2. to free (as from slavery)
a union between people, groups, countries, etc. : a relationship in which people agree to work together
the state of being somewhat like something but not truly or fully the same thing — usually + of (semblance of)
1. the act of making a false spoken statement that causes people to have a bad opinion of someone
2. a false spoken statement that is made to cause people to have a bad opinion of someone
1. not modest: such as a: having or showing a too high opinion of yourself or your worth
2. of clothing: showing a lot of your body in a way that is considered improper
1. to make return for; repay
2. to make retaliation for; avenge
3. to make suitable return to for a benefit or service or for an injury
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together