Dance performance and choreography
Terms in this set (18)
- two sections
- A B
- e.g day and night
- three sections with a contrasting middle section
- A B A
- Solo composition
- Recurring section
- A b c A d A
- each section moves the story along
- A B C D E F G
- e.g Nutcracker!
- separate sections connected by a theme
- e.g Overdrive
Title of professional work for solo composition?
Dance Tek Warriors
Describe one motif (action, space and dynamics) (solo)
Walk slowly forwards for three steps facing stage left.
Describe two ways you developed the motif (solo)
- I changed the deep lunge onto a high level by keeping the arms the same but including a leap instead of a lunge to help create a climax.
- I developed the actions by repeating the cartwheel later in my dance but i changed the facing.
What structuring device did you use for your solo?
What does climax mean?
A section of contrast to the rest of the dance which shows the highest point in the dance.
What is the importance of including a climax in a dance?
- It creates interest for the audience by surprising them with a contrasting section.
- It is the most important part of the dance so it is necessary in order to fully communicate the theme.
Identify two ways you sought to improve your composition
- self assessment from video
Identify two areas of strength in your final piece.
- I used a full range of levels, especially i the climax
- I think the movement was interesting to watch because it had embellishments
Identify two areas for improvement
- choreograph focus
- fuller range of dynamics and clearer
describe a moment of climax in your solo:
Jump with the left leg in attitude and swing both arms to the right (straightened), facing down stage, quickly. Step back onto the left leg and smoothly drop to the floor and role over your bottom. Then, explosively step up onto the right leg sand repeat the jump, sharply throwing the arms in the opposite direction. It is performed in a straight pathway across the stage towards stage right.
what three links were there between your professional work and group dance?
- similar costume
- recognisable motifs
- dance style
choreographic intention of group dance?
what are the performance skills necessary for an effective performance?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Numbers & Animals Vocabulary | Everyday Traditional Mandarin Chinese
Theater terms for 1st semester exam
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
module 6 biology general
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Nutcracker! 1992 (DANCE) key facts
Overdrive - Dance work 2003