5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Edgar Allen Poe
- Stephen crane
- Post Modernism
- Nationalist (transindentalism)
- A farewell to arms
- a The red badge of courage
- b Nietzsche, Orwell
- c James COoper- The Last of the Mohicans, Pioneer prairie, Emmerson- Nature, THe over soul, Irving's Rip van winkle, the legend of sleepy hollow, Poe- THe raven, Longfellow
- d THe murder in Rue Morgue
- e E. Hemingway. A love story which draws heavily on the author's experiences as a young soldier in Italy. Lieutenant Frederic Henry, a young American ambulance driver during WWI. Falls in love with nurse Catherine Barkley. The Battle of Caporetto. In Switzerland, their child is born dead, and Catherine dies due to hemorrhages.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a story in which people or things represent an idea or generalization about life
- it depicts a black man's struggle for identity. In the end, the unnamed narrator runs for his life and falls into a cellar. He decides to remain underground and write a novel about the absurdities of his life., It told about the life of a Southern black man who could not escape racism in the North.
- A raisin in the sun
- THe invisible Man
- name a group (herd family)
5 True/False questions
Sanra Cisneros → verb form ending in (ing or ed) operates as an adjective (barking dog, painted fence)
participle → THe Pigman
Alice Walker → a humorous verse form of five anapestic lines with a rhyme scheme of aabba
canterbury tales → a book written by Geoffrey Chaucer are stories that a group of pilgrims tell to entertain eachoter as they travel to the shrine of Saint Thoman Becket in Canterbury. Fictional stories.
Charles Dickens → The good Earth