5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where is Latin America?
- a Western hemisphere; south of United States
- b height of land above sea level
- c a raised area of flat land
- d the ways that goods and services are produced and made available to people
- e small rivers and streams that flow into a larger river
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1) Middle America: lots of minerals 2) Mexico: minerals, oil, natural gas, trees/lumber 3) Central America: coffee, cotton, sugar cane, bananas
- Provide transportation; food from fishing; hydroelectric power. Needed for transportation b/c hard to build roads due to mountains and rural area.
- warming in ocean waters on the west coast of S. America. Causes floods, droughts, and drives away fish. Felt around the world.
- warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
- longest river in South America; 2nd longest river in the world;
5 True/False questions
factors affecting climate? → warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
hydroelectricity → to add variety or different items
pampas → a raised area of flat land
isthmus → flat grassland regions commonly found in Argentina and Uruguay
vegetation in tropical wet + dry climates? → coffee and citrus fruits - need hot weather but not as much rain