5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- resources found in Caribbean?
- Where is Latin America?
- a Western hemisphere; south of United States
- b a strip of land with water on both sides; joins 2 larger bodies of water. Ex: Central America
- c flat grassland regions commonly found in Argentina and Uruguay
- d electric power made by rushing water
- e sugar cane, coffee, bananas, cacao, citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, papayas, etc); bauxite (Jamaica), nickel (Cuba, Dominican Republic); oil (Trinidad)
5 Multiple choice questions
- to add variety or different items
- coffee and citrus fruits - need hot weather but not as much rain
- 1) Mexico and Central America 2) Caribbean 3) South America
- L. American countries are trying to diversify economies. Building factories to make other products to sell; encouraging other jobs, such as farming other crops rather than relying on only one.
- exotic vegetation that needs hot, humid weather, such as bananas, cacao, sugar cane, rice
5 True/False questions
economy → the ways that goods and services are produced and made available to people
one-resource economy → the ways that goods and services are produced and made available to people
climate affects vegetation? → warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
What landforms are in South America → Mountains, pampas, rain forest. Andes - 2nd highest in the world; pampas - Argentina and Uruguay; Amazon River Rainforest = 1/3 of S. America.
Amazon River → longest river in South America; 2nd longest river in the world;