5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- vegetation in tropical wet + dry climates?
- problems with a 1 resource economy?
- one-resource economy
- natural resources
- a things found in nature that people can use to meet needs
- b coffee and citrus fruits - need hot weather but not as much rain
- c a country's economy based almost completely on 1 resource or crop
- d electric power made by rushing water
- e country can loose money if something happens to that resource (weather destroys a crop; prices drop; demand slows down) - the economy can suffer. Ex: Chile leads world in producing copper. When copper prices are high, Chile's economy is strong; when copper prices drop, country looses money and jobs when the mines fire workers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- warming in ocean waters on the west coast of S. America. Causes floods, droughts, and drives away fish. Felt around the world.
- 1) Mexico and Central America 2) Caribbean 3) South America
- height of land above sea level
- plants that need less heat and rain ~ potatoes, apples, wheat
- the ways that goods and services are produced and made available to people
5 True/False questions
pampas → a raised area of flat land
diversify → the ways that goods and services are produced and made available to people
vegetation in tropical wet climates? → coffee and citrus fruits - need hot weather but not as much rain
Rain forest → dense evergreen forest - abundant rainfall year-round; located in Amazon River Basin
What is Latin America doing to solve this? → Western hemisphere; south of United States