5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- natural resources
- Middle America
- What landforms are in the Caribbean?
- Why are crops important?
- a Mexico and Central America
- b a raised area of flat land
- c coral and underwater mountains. Hispaniola, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and Cuba are underwater mountains. Other, smaller islands are made of coral (skeletons of tine sea animals formed together).
- d things found in nature that people can use to meet needs
- e they sell them to make money - important to economy
5 Multiple choice questions
- minerals, oil, trees, lumber, fish, coffee, wheat, sugar cane, cotton, rice
- coffee and citrus fruits - need hot weather but not as much rain
- warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
- L. American countries are trying to diversify economies. Building factories to make other products to sell; encouraging other jobs, such as farming other crops rather than relying on only one.
- longest river in South America; 2nd longest river in the world;
5 True/False questions
elevation → height of land above sea level
factors affecting climate? → warm, wet climates = lush vegetation; cold, dry climates = very little vegetation
resources found in Middle America? → minerals, oil, trees, lumber, fish, coffee, wheat, sugar cane, cotton, rice
climates in Latin America → tropical wet with hot, humid, rainy weather year-round; tropical wet and dry with hot weather, but shorter rainy season; Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay = humid sub-tropical climate: hot, wet summers + cool, damp winters. Patagonia - colder and dry.
vegetation in colder climates? → exotic vegetation that needs hot, humid weather, such as bananas, cacao, sugar cane, rice