Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
NR 442 - Exam 1
Terms in this set (81)
- a group of people who share something in common and interact with one another, who may exhibit a commitment with one another and may share a geographic boundary
- PRIMARY FOCUS OF COMMUNITY HEALTH
Public Health Intervention Wheel: Levels of Practice
System/group Level of Practice Example
community health nurse working with the state health department and federal vaccine program to coordinate a response to an outbreak of measles in a migrant population.
Community/Population Level of Practice Example
public health nurses working with area high schools to give each student a profile of his or her health to promote nutritional and physical activity lifestyle changes to improve the student's health.
Individual Level of Practice Example
nurse receives a referral to care for an individual with a diagnosed mental illness who would require regular monitoring of his medication compliance to prevent rehospitalization
Core Functions of Public Health
- policy development
- assurance of availability
- prevention of problem before it occurs
- early detection and intervention
- screening for an STD
- for diseases that can be controlled
- correction and prevention of deterioration of a disease state
- teaching insulin administration at home
What is the main focus of Public Health?
What is the main focus of Medicine?
disease management and diagnosis
- focus on a healthier lifestyle
- reduce the rate the childhood obesity
What causes more than half of Premature Deaths?
behavior and environment reasons
What has the greatest influence on Community Health?
What are the 3 elements of the Epidemiology Triangle?
Sets with similar terms
Epidemiology Exam #1
Community Health Exam 1
Com Med I
Sets found in the same folder
NR 442 Unit 1, 2, 3, and 4
NR 442 Exam 1
ATI COMMUNITY HEALTH
NR442 - Community Health Exam 1
Other sets by this creator
Exam 3 - NR 341
NR 341 - Exam 2 - CAS Review
NR 341 - Exam 2
CAS Review - Exam 1 - NR 341
Other Quizlet sets
Exam 3 World religions
business law test 2
Actions taken after the onset of a disease or an injury with a view to assisting disease or disabled people are known as:
Describe seven steps in conducting a community needs assessment.
The number of live births reported in an area during a given time interval divided by the number of women aged 15 to 44 years in the area is known as the:
What is the horizontal mode of transmission?