5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
- Network Transmission Media
- a All devices are connected to a central cable, called the bus or backbone.
- b - allows web browsers and servers to send and receive Web pages
- c Groups of star-configured workstations are connected to a linear bus backbone cable, combining the characteristics of the bus and star topologies.
- d refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
- e Devices are connected by a receiver/transmitter to a special network interface card that transmits signals between a computer and a server.
5 Multiple choice questions
- - provides connectivity in a geographic area or region larger than that covered b y a LAN, but smaller than a WAN.
- private network, provided by a third party, for xchanging info through a high-capacity connection
- a model for applications in which the bulk of the back-end processing, such as performing a physical serach of a database, takes place on a server.
- technology associated with the transmission of info as light impulses along a glass wire or fibre.
- - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.
5 True/False questions
3 Common Types of Wire Media → 1. Twisted-pair wiring 2. Coaxial cable 3. Fibre-optic cable
Interoperability → refers to a type of cable composed of four or more copper wires twisted around each other within a plastic sheath.
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) → allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
P2P → All devices are connected to a central cable, called the bus or backbone.
Architecture → a standard that specifies the format of data as well as the rules to be followed during transmission.