5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Network Transmission Media
- (LAN) Local Area Network
- Fibre-Optic Cable
- Client/Server Networks
- a technology associated with the transmission of info as light impulses along a glass wire or fibre.
- b refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
- c a model for applications in which the bulk of the back-end processing, such as performing a physical serach of a database, takes place on a server.
- d Devices are connected by a receiver/transmitter to a special network interface card that transmits signals between a computer and a server.
- e - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.
5 Multiple choice questions
- technologies use active or passive tags in the form of chips or smart labels that can store unique identifiers and relay this info to electronic readers.
- provides the technical foundation for the public Internet as well as for large numbers of private networks.
- Provides terminal emulation that allows a personal computer or workstation to act as a terminal, or accesss device
- - provides data communication services for business in geographically dispersed areas (across country or around world)
- means of linking computers using infrared or radio signals.
5 True/False questions
Twisted-pair wiring → the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
VPN Virtual Private Network → a way to use public telecommunication infrastructure to provide secure access to an organization's network.
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) → allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
Bus → All devices are connected to a central cable, called the bus or backbone.
(MAN) Metropolitan Area Network → - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.