5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 Common Types of Wire Media
- (MAN) Metropolitan Area Network
- Network Topology
- Network Transmission Media
- a refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
- b - provides connectivity in a geographic area or region larger than that covered b y a LAN, but smaller than a WAN.
- c 2 primary types: 1. P2P (peer-to-peer) 2. client/server networks
- d 1. Twisted-pair wiring 2. Coaxial cable 3. Fibre-optic cable
- e refers to the geometric arrangement of the actual physical organization of the computers
5 Multiple choice questions
- allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
- Provides terminal emulation that allows a personal computer or workstation to act as a terminal, or accesss device
- any network without a central file server and in which all computers in the network have access to the public files located on all other workstations.
- a cable that can carry a wide range of frequencies with low signal loss.
- private network, provided by a third party, for xchanging info through a high-capacity connection
5 True/False questions
VPN Virtual Private Network → a way to use public telecommunication infrastructure to provide secure access to an organization's network.
Twisted-pair wiring → the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
Client/Server Networks → a model for applications in which the bulk of the back-end processing, such as performing a physical serach of a database, takes place on a server.
(WAN) Wide Area Network → - provides data communication services for business in geographically dispersed areas (across country or around world)
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) → refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers