5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- (SNMP) Simple Network Management Protocol
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Telnet Protocol
- a technologies use active or passive tags in the form of chips or smart labels that can store unique identifiers and relay this info to electronic readers.
- b - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
- c Provides terminal emulation that allows a personal computer or workstation to act as a terminal, or accesss device
- d 2 primary types: 1. P2P (peer-to-peer) 2. client/server networks
- e allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
5 Multiple choice questions
- means of linking computers using infrared or radio signals.
- private network, provided by a third party, for xchanging info through a high-capacity connection
- refers to various types of media used to carry the signal btwn computers
- a cable that can carry a wide range of frequencies with low signal loss.
- a standard that specifies the format of data as well as the rules to be followed during transmission.
5 True/False questions
P2P → any network without a central file server and in which all computers in the network have access to the public files located on all other workstations.
Network → All devices are connected to a central device, called a hub.
(LAN) Local Area Network → - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.
VPN Virtual Private Network → private network, provided by a third party, for xchanging info through a high-capacity connection
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) → allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok