5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
- FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- SMTP Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- a All devices are connected to a central device, called a hub.
- b the capability of two or more computer systems to share data and resources, even though they are made by different manufacturers.
- c TCP/I's own messaging system for email
- d allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
- e - allows web browsers and servers to send and receive Web pages
5 Multiple choice questions
- transmission material manufactured so that signals will be confined to a narrow path and will behave predictably
- 1. Twisted-pair wiring 2. Coaxial cable 3. Fibre-optic cable
- Provides terminal emulation that allows a personal computer or workstation to act as a terminal, or accesss device
- a standard that specifies the format of data as well as the rules to be followed during transmission.
- - computer network that uses a cable or radio signals to link two or more computers within a geographically limited area.
5 True/False questions
(SNMP) Simple Network Management Protocol → - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
Wireless → transmission material manufactured so that signals will be confined to a narrow path and will behave predictably
Network Topology → refers to the geometric arrangement of the actual physical organization of the computers
P2P → All devices are connected to a central cable, called the bus or backbone.
Fibre-Optic Cable → a cable that can carry a wide range of frequencies with low signal loss.