5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Twisted-pair wiring
- (SNMP) Simple Network Management Protocol
- VPN Virtual Private Network
- a a way to use public telecommunication infrastructure to provide secure access to an organization's network.
- b All devices are connected to one another in the shape of a closed loop, so that each device is connected directly to two other devices, one on either side of it.
- c - allows the mgmt of networked nodes to be managed from a single point
- d communications, data exchange, and resource-sharing system created by linking two or more computers and establishing standards, or protocols, so that they can work together. 2 principle benefits: 1. the ability to communicate 2. ability to share
- e refers to a type of cable composed of four or more copper wires twisted around each other within a plastic sheath.
5 Multiple choice questions
- means of linking computers using infrared or radio signals.
- Devices are connected by a receiver/transmitter to a special network interface card that transmits signals between a computer and a server.
- 2 primary types: 1. P2P (peer-to-peer) 2. client/server networks
- refers to the geometric arrangement of the actual physical organization of the computers
- TCP/I's own messaging system for email
5 True/False questions
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) → - allows web browsers and servers to send and receive Web pages
Network Transmission Media → refers to the geometric arrangement of the actual physical organization of the computers
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) → technologies use active or passive tags in the form of chips or smart labels that can store unique identifiers and relay this info to electronic readers.
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) → allows files containing text, programs, graphics, numerical data, and so on to be downloaded off or uploaded onto a netwok
Bus → any network without a central file server and in which all computers in the network have access to the public files located on all other workstations.