Upgrade to remove ads
hidden figures chapter 13-17
Terms in this set (27)
1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system. 2. (of power or a ruling body) unrestrained and autocratic in the use of authority. 3. (of a constant or other quantity) of unspecified value.
1. hostile and aggressive. 2. a nation or person engaged in war or conflict, as recognized by international law.
1. a legacy 2. the action of bequeathing something
1. come together and form one mass or whole. 2. combine (elements) in a mass or whole.
1. a formal pronouncement from an authoritative source. 2. a short statement that expresses a general truth or principle. 2. short for obiter dictum.
(of a building or object) in a state of disrepair or ruin as a result of age or neglect.
1. the quality of being expedient; advantageousness; disability. 2. a regard for what is politic or advantageous rather than for what is right or just; a sense of self interest.
1. the quality of being full of energy, excitement, and cheerfulness; ebullience. 2. the quality of growing profusely, luxuriance.
1. an outbreak of public anger or excitement. 2. a wave of enthusiastic admiration; craze
unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonnsense
1. an official messenger bringing news. 2. a person or thing, viewed as a sign that something is about to happen. 3. be a sign that (something) is about to happen.
not able to be controlled or restrained
a feeling a great happiness and triumph.
1. an unfilled space or interval; a gap. 2. a missing portion in a book or manuscript. 3. a cavity or depression, especially in bone.
producing a great of profit
1. sharp or penetrating, in particular. 2. having or showing eagerness or enthusiasm.
1. a community, place, or situation regarded as encapsulating in miniature that characteristic qualities, or features of something much larger. 2. humankind regarded as the epitome of the universe.
1. read (something), typically in a thorough careful way. 2. examine carefully or at length.
1. a body of troops or police officers, standing or moving in close formation. 2. a bone of finger or toe.
inspiring respect and admiration; having high status
a descendant or the descendants of a person, animal, or plant; offspring
1. increase rapidly in numbers; multiply. 2. (of a cell, structure, or organism) reproduce rapidly. 3. cause (cells, tissues, structures, etc.
1. the authority to represent someone else, especially in voting. 2. a figure that can be used to represent the value of something in a calculation.
undermine the power and authority of (an established system or institution)
cord, fixture, or flexible attachment that anchors something movable to a reference point which may be fixed or moving.
1. take (a position of power of importance) illegally or by force. 2. take the place of (someone in position of power) illegally; supplant. 3. encroach or infringe upon (someones rights)
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
hidden figures vocabulary chapters 1-12
hidden figures chapter 18-23 vocab
AP Lang Vocab #!
AP Lang terms
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
ENGLISH VOCABULARY QUIZ 1
TOEFL 1700: 1500: 8
HONORS ENGLISH VOCAB 6
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
AP Lit Vocab terms #81-100
Chapter 7 Momentum and Impulse Matching - Physics
Units 22-26ish Psych Test study guide
AP Lit Vocab #61-80
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Advanced Words Set 5
'Words that befuddle you' by Prateek- A to L