Upgrade to remove ads
hidden figures chapter 18-23 vocab
Terms in this set (25)
1. free (someone) from a criminal charge by a verdict of not guilty. 2. conduct oneself or perform in a specified way.
a person who is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about an activity,, subject, or pastime.
1. walk or move at a slow, relaxed pace. 2. a walk at a slow, relaxed pace, especially for pleasure.
having bad manners; not behaving well in social situations.
1. restrict (something) within limits. 2. draw (a figure) around another, touching it at points but not cutting it.
provide money to pay (a cost or expense)
1. be indecisive 2. add white nose to (a digital recording) to reduce distortion of low amplitude signals. 3. indecisive behavior 4. a state of agitation.
1. one of the series of decorative scallops or foliations along the edge of a garment, cloth, etc. 2. to edge(a garment, cloth, etc.) with decorative scallops or the like.
(of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe.
intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest.
1. conceived or appearing as if conceived by an unrestrained imagination; odd and remarkable; bizarre; grotesque. 2. fanciful or capricious, as persons or their ideas or actions.
1. prevent or obstruct (an anticipated event or action) by taking action ahead of time. 2. act in advance of (someone) in order to prevent them from doing something. 3. buy up (goods) in order to profit by an enhanced price.
1. a medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power. 2. an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal. 3. a group of species that have similar requirements and play a similar role within a community.
shrewd or spirited initiative and resourcefulness.
(of a person or their efforts) persisting tirelessly
dispute the truth, validity, or honesty of (a statement or motive); call into question.
the quality of being clever, original, and inventive
1. curious or inquiring. 2. unduly curious about the affairs of others; prying.
the state of being nonchalant
1. skill or expertise in a particular activity or field. 2. bravery in battle
1. write (something) in a hurried, careless way. 2. an example of hurried, careless writing.
the student who ranks second highest in a graduating class and delivers the salutatory.
not embarrassed, disconcerted, or ashamed.
willing to take risks or embark on difficult or unusual courses of action.
great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
hidden figures vocabulary chapters 1-12
hidden figures chapter 13-17
AP Lang Vocab #!
AP Lang terms
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Academic Vocab #1
Vocabulary Form P
GRE 3000 words list 2
English Vocab Quiz 3
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
AP Lit Vocab terms #81-100
Chapter 7 Momentum and Impulse Matching - Physics
Units 22-26ish Psych Test study guide
AP Lit Vocab #61-80
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
THEME 4 (WEIMAR) - Aspects of life