5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Low Tides
- a Low water position corresponding to a tidal trough
- b Eddies do not tend to form in these boundary currents.
- c Waves with ___________ wavelengths move the fastest.
- d These waves move through water shallower than 1/20 their wavelength
- e Which direction do gyres flow in the Southern hemisphere?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Waves transmit _______________.
- Maximum ratio of wave height to wavelength seen in the open ocean. Also known as wave steepness.
- The slowest moving waves.
- The West Wind Drift is an example of this type of boundary current.
- lowest part of a progressive trough
5 True/False questions
Poles → Circular flow pattern of water caused by deflection of water by continents and the ocean basin.
Surf beat → Nearly friction free transfer of energy from molecule to molecule in a circular path.
Ebb Current → water rushing into an enclosed area because of the rise in sea level as a tide crest approaches
Break → These tides occur when the earth, moon and sun are at right angles.
Wind Strength → Horizontal distance between two consecutive wave crests or wave troughs