5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Tidal Range
- Surging Wave
- Wave Height
- a Vertical distance between a wave crest and an adjacent wave trough
- b the regular rise and fall of the ocean's surface influenced by the moon's gravity pulling on earth
- c is the difference in height between successive high and low tides
- d Waves transmit _______________.
- e A wave that surges ashore without breaking.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 24 hours 50 mins
- These transfer heat from tropical to polar regions, distribute nutrients, scatter organisms and influence weather and climate.
- Due to the cold temperature of the water, the water molecules are slightly closer together in this region.
- Circular flow pattern of water caused by deflection of water by continents and the ocean basin.
- Countercurrents beneath surface currents. Can influence conditions at the ocean surface.
5 True/False questions
Spring → Waves with ___________ wavelengths move the fastest.
Wave trough → Progessing groups of swell with the same origin and wave length are known as this.
Tidal Datum → The reference level (0.0) from which tidal height is measured.
Wave Frequency → Number of waves passing a fixed point per second.
Surf beat → Waves with a ratio greater than 1:7 will do this.