5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Surging Wave
- Lunar Day
- Tidal Datum
- Flood Current
- Constructive interference
- a The addition of wave energy as waves meet producing larger waves.
- b A wave that surges ashore without breaking.
- c water rushing into an enclosed area because of the rise in sea level as a tide crest approaches
- d 24 hours 50 mins
- e The reference level (0.0) from which tidal height is measured.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Low water position corresponding to a tidal trough
- is the difference in height between successive high and low tides
- The slowest moving waves.
- Surface currents are powered by the sun and ______________
- Waves with ___________ wavelengths move the fastest.
5 True/False questions
Eastern → These boundary currents are shallow and broad with boundaries that are not well defined.
Western → These boundary currents move warm water from the equator towards the poles.
Counterclockwise → Which direction do gyres flow in the Southern hemisphere?
Standing Wave → A breaking wave whose crest slides down the face of the wave.
Transverse → Eddies do not tend to form in these boundary currents.