5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Slack Water
- Solar Tides
- a In these boundary currents, the flow is from East to West or West to East. They link eastern and western boundary currents.
- b a time of no current, occurs at high and low tides when current change direction
- c the regular rise and fall of the ocean's surface influenced by the moon's gravity pulling on earth
- d Surface currents are powered by the sun and ______________
- e caused by the gravitational and inertial interaction of the sun and earth
5 Multiple choice questions
- A breaking wave in which the upper section topples forward and away from the bottom, forming an air-filled tube.
- There are five of these boundary currents. They carry cold water towards the equator.
- The length of time the wind blows, the fetch and this are three factors that affect wind wave development.
- water rushing into an enclosed area because of the rise in sea level as a tide crest approaches
- 24 hours 50 mins
5 True/False questions
Geostrophic Gyres → caused by the gravitational and inertial interaction of the sun and earth
Western → These boundary currents are narrow and deep and have sharp boundaries. Eddies can form.
Standing Wave → A breaking wave in which the upper section topples forward and away from the bottom, forming an air-filled tube.
Capillary → Waves with a tiny wavelength less than 1.73cm. The restoring force is surface tension.
Wave diffraction → Bending of waves around obstacles.