5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Capillary waves
- Constructive interference
- Wave crest
- Ekman Spiral
- Wave trough
- a The slowest moving waves.
- b lowest part of a progressive trough
- c highest part of a progresive wave
- d surface winds drive surface currents, and each layer of water drags the layer below, but the Coriolis Force changes each layer's direction slightly to make a spiral effect
- e The addition of wave energy as waves meet producing larger waves.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The subtraction of wave energy as waves meet producing smaller waves.
- mature wind waves of one wavelength that form orderly undulations of the ocean surface
- Horizontal distance between two consecutive wave crests or wave troughs
- Uninterupted distance over which the wind blows without significant change in direction.
- a wave in which water oscillates without causing progressive wave forward movement. there is no net transmission of energy in a standing wave
5 True/False questions
Transverse → In these boundary currents, the flow is from East to West or West to East. They link eastern and western boundary currents.
Western → Eddies do not tend to form in these boundary currents.
Wave Frequency → Number of waves passing a fixed point per second.
Tidal Datum → The fastest moving waves
Undercurrents → Countercurrents beneath surface currents. Can influence conditions at the ocean surface.