How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
1. A person who weighs 150. lbs and walks at a pace of 3 miles/hr expends about how many kcalories in that hour.
2. A popular eating plan that promises quick weight loss is known as a(n)
3. A typical person who burns 200 kcalories during a 2-mile run would, in the post exercise period, burn an additional.
4. According to body mass index figures, what percentage of people aged 2-19 years are overweight or obese?
5. According to body mass index values, what fraction of the U.S. adult population is considered overweight or obese?
6. Adverse effects on organs such as the liver from the presence of excess body fat is known as
7. Aggressive treatment should be introduced in obese people if they have...
High LDL and low HDL
8. All of the following are associations between the environment and food intake except
distractions generally appear to reduce food intake
9. All of the following are behavior modifications of losing weight except
taking smaller portions of food but always eating everything on the plate quickly
10. All of the following are characteristics of food portions except
reducing portion size has a bigger impact thank reducing energy density as a means of lowering total energy intake
11. All of the following are characteristics of the results of weight-loss surgery except
medical supervision in the postsurgery period is required only for the first 6-9 months
12. All of the following are factors that meet the conditions of surgical intervention of weight loss in obese people except
ability to tolerate sibutramine, orlistat, or phentermine
13. All of the following are features of fat cell metabolism is men and women except
the rate of fat breakdown is higher in women an in men.
14. All the following are features of the effect of food accessibility on food intake except
people at home would rather travel to the store to obtain new food than eat the leftovers
15. All of the following are hormones that promote satiety except
16. All of the following are meal-planning strategies for underweight people who desire to gain weight expect
they should refrain from between-meal snacking, especially energy drinks
17. All of the following are sensible guidelines for diet plans except
eat rapidly to avoid, prolonged contact with food
18. All of the following describe the behavior of fat cells except
the number decreases when fat is lost from the body
Among the following, which is the most important strategy for an underweight person who wishes to achieve a healthy body weight?
A high-kcalorie diet plus regular exercise
20. An example of behavior modification technique for weight control is to
keep a record of your eating habits