5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Manhattan Project
- USS Missouri
- Revenue Act of 1942
- Office of War Mobilization
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
- a Naval ship. On September 2, 1945, the Japanese emperor formally surrendered on the ...... in Tokyo Bay.
- b Federal agency formed to coordinate issues related to war production during World War II
- c code name for the secret United States project set up in 1942 to develop atomic bombs for use in World War II
- d provided funds for the war by radically increasing income taxes.
- e leader of the Allied forces in Europe during WW2--leader of troops in Africa and commander in DDay invasion-elected president
5 Multiple choice questions
- US will act as the supplier of all things necessary to defeat axes powers
- US is going to do anything to help but fight
- embargo on exporting war goods to nations at war
- passed March 1941 gave president power to lend, sell, transfer title to any country
- a bloody and prolonged operation on the island of ..... in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945)
5 True/False questions
Dresden → German city ferociously firebombed by the Allies from February 13 to 15, 1945
Battle of Midway → U.S. naval victory over the Japanese fleet in June 1942, in which the Japanese lost four of their best aircraft carriers. It marked a turning point in World War II.
Neutrality Act of 1939 → embargo on exporting war goods to nations at war
Okinawa → German city ferociously firebombed by the Allies from February 13 to 15, 1945
Battle of Leyte Gulf → the last, largest, and most decisive naval engagements in the Pacific, recaptured the Phillipines