5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of the Bulge
- Operation Overlord
- arsenal of democracy
- Iwo Jima
- a US won, June. now had a base for air strikes against Japan nd for the planned invasion of the main islands--estimated to cost 500,000 US lives
- b December 1, 1944 last ditch effort by Germans to stop Allies from entering Germany
- c US will act as the supplier of all things necessary to defeat axes powers
- d a bloody and prolonged operation on the island of ..... in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945)
- e The Allied invasion of Normandy (NW France) in June of 1944. nicknamed D-Day
5 Multiple choice questions
- Federal agency formed to coordinate issues related to war production during World War II
- U.S. naval victory over the Japanese fleet in June 1942, in which the Japanese lost four of their best aircraft carriers. It marked a turning point in World War II.
- passed March 1941 gave president power to lend, sell, transfer title to any country
- ban trade of weapons to a country that was trying to start a war
- US is going to do anything to help but fight
5 True/False questions
Neutrality Act of 1935 → European democracies might buy American war materials on a "cash-and-carry basis"; improved American moral and economic position
Pearl Harbor → United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan on December 7, 1941, bringing the United States into World War II.
Bataan Death March → April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 85 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors.
Dresden → German city ferociously firebombed by the Allies from February 13 to 15, 1945
Manhattan Project → passed March 1941 gave president power to lend, sell, transfer title to any country