5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Manhattan Project
- Donald Nelson
- Iwo Jima
- Pearl Harbor
- a leader of the Allied forces in Europe during WW2--leader of troops in Africa and commander in DDay invasion-elected president
- b a bloody and prolonged operation on the island of ..... in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945)
- c Head of the War Production Board
- d United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan on December 7, 1941, bringing the United States into World War II.
- e code name for the secret United States project set up in 1942 to develop atomic bombs for use in World War II
5 Multiple choice questions
- embargo on exporting war goods to nations at war
- April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 85 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors.
- The Allied invasion of Normandy (NW France) in June of 1944. nicknamed D-Day
- European democracies might buy American war materials on a "cash-and-carry basis"; improved American moral and economic position
- Naval ship. On September 2, 1945, the Japanese emperor formally surrendered on the ...... in Tokyo Bay.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Midway → U.S. naval victory over the Japanese fleet in June 1942, in which the Japanese lost four of their best aircraft carriers. It marked a turning point in World War II.
Battle of the Bulge → the last, largest, and most decisive naval engagements in the Pacific, recaptured the Phillipines
Nye Committee → Investigated bankers & munitions matters after WWI (whether they profited), said they had pushed US into WWII to turn a profit
Revenue Act of 1942 → provided funds for the war by radically increasing income taxes.
Battle of Leyte Gulf → the last, largest, and most decisive naval engagements in the Pacific, recaptured the Phillipines