5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- discretionary arms embargo
- Pearl Harbor
- Neutrality Act of 1935
- Office of War Mobilization
- a German city ferociously firebombed by the Allies from February 13 to 15, 1945
- b Federal agency formed to coordinate issues related to war production during World War II
- c United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan on December 7, 1941, bringing the United States into World War II.
- d embargo on exporting war goods to nations at war
- e ban trade of weapons to a country that was trying to start a war
5 Multiple choice questions
- April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 85 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors.
- The Allied invasion of Normandy (NW France) in June of 1944. nicknamed D-Day
- Created in 1942, this organization oversaw the production of planes, tanks, artillery pieces, and munitions needed for entering WWII
- passed March 1941 gave president power to lend, sell, transfer title to any country
- US is going to do anything to help but fight
5 True/False questions
Dwight D. Eisenhower → Head of the War Production Board
Okinawa → US won, June. now had a base for air strikes against Japan nd for the planned invasion of the main islands--estimated to cost 500,000 US lives
USS Missouri → Naval ship. On September 2, 1945, the Japanese emperor formally surrendered on the ...... in Tokyo Bay.
Battle of Leyte Gulf → the last, largest, and most decisive naval engagements in the Pacific, recaptured the Phillipines
Nye Committee → a bloody and prolonged operation on the island of ..... in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945)