5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was caused due to the factions created by the dissipation of the republic government in France?
- What was the Balkans?
- What did the liberal middle class consist of, who led the struggle for constitutional government and the formation of nation-states?
- What was a major force behind Russia's drive toward industrial expansion?
- What was the main goal of revolution in France?
- a teachers, lawyers, business people.
- b The region that included all or part of present day Greece, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, and the former Yugoslavia.
- c Nationalism
- d Bloody battles occured in Parisian streets, turning French citizens away from the radicals. This led to the creation of a moderate constitution in 1848, that called for a parliament and a strong president to be elected by the people.
- e radical demand for democratic government
5 Multiple choice questions
- Richard Wagner with his operas and cycle of four musical dramas called (italicized) Der Ring des Nibelungen.
- France, Great Britain, Sardinia, and the Ottoman Empire
- France, England, and Spain
- 1848 - it called for a parliament and a strong president to be elected by the people.
- It began to fall apart immediately - the radicals split up into factions, as one side wanted only political reform, and the other side also wanting social and economic reform.
5 True/False questions
What did the liberals in Germany want to do? → The region that included all or part of present day Greece, Albania, Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey, and the former Yugoslavia.
Why were the czars reluctant to free the serfs in the 1820s? → They thought it was morally wrong, and it prevented the empire from advancing economically.
What was the condition of Italian states during the nationalist revolutions and what occured in them? → Nationalists worked to unite the many seperate states on the Italian peninsula; some were independent, while some were ruled by Austria, or by the pope. Eventually Prince Metternich sent Austrian troops to restore order in Italy.
When did Louis-Napoleon become emperor, and what title did he take? → When a nation had its own independent government.
Even though revolution was frowned upon during the time period, why did the Europeans support the Greeks? → Many respected and loved their culture and that they were able to maintain it even though they were rulled by the Ottomans.