5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Skilled Nursing Facility
- Individual Insurance
- Internal Classification of Diseases, Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD)
- Walkout Statement
- TRICARE-Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services (CHAMPUS)
- a A printed form with the pt's charges and the amt. paid for the servces rendered, which the pt takes with her. (receipt)
- b Established to aid dependents of active service personnel, retired servces personnel and their dependents, dependents of services personnel who died on active duty, with a supplement for medical care in military or public health service facilities.
- c The coding system used to document diseases, injuries, illness and mortalities.
- d Insurance purchased by an individual for self and any eligible dependents.
- e A medical facility that is licensed (as defined by Medicare) to primarily provide skilled nursing care to pt's.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The standard claim form
- Insurance Carrier.
- The health care provider is automatically paid a fixed amt. per month regardless of provided services for each pt who is a member of a particular insurance organization.
- A printed description of the benefits provided by the insurer to the beneficiary.
- The total amt. owed by the practice to suppliers and other service providers.
5 True/False questions
Coding → Transference of words into numbers to facilitate the use of computers in claim processing.
Medicaid → A joint funding program by federal and state governments (excluding Arizona) for low-income pt's on public assistance for their medical care.
Accounts Receivable → The total amt. owed by the practice to suppliers and other service providers.
Assignment of Benefits → A review carried out by allied health professionals at predetermined times to assess the necessity of the particular pt to remain in an acute care facility.
Group Insurance → Insurance purchased by an individual for self and any eligible dependents.