5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Current Procedural Terminology Code (CPT)
- CMS 1500
- Accounts Receivable
- Assignment of Benefits
- a The standard claim form
- b A request for payment.
- c The authorized signature of the pt for payment to be paid directly to the physician for services.
- d Coding system published by the american medical association that translates services received by a pt into a numeric value for convenience and continiuity of reporting these services to third parties for payment. The system is recognized by governmental payers and private insurance companies. (*always 5 digits ex:25000)
- e The total amt. of all charges for services rendered to pt's that have not been paid to the physician.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The health care provider is automatically paid a fixed amt. per month regardless of provided services for each pt who is a member of a particular insurance organization.
- A term given to a primary care physician for coodinating the pt's care to specialists, hospital admissions and so on.
- The physician who cares for a pt in the hospital (not necessarily the physician who admitted the pt)
- A prepaid group practice serving a secific geographic area.
- A physician who has contacted to participate with an insurance company to be reimbursed for services according to the company's plan.
5 True/False questions
Individual Insurance → Insurance purchased by an individual for self and any eligible dependents.
Encounter Form (Superbill) → The total amt. of all charges for services rendered to pt's that have not been paid to the physician.
Coodination of Benefits (COB) → A printed description of the benefits provided by the insurer to the beneficiary.
Preadmission Testing (PAT) → A condition that existed before the insured's policy was issued.
Utilization Review → A panel that tracks what their members receive and checks if their medical care meets the standards of the organization.