5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Medigap (Medifill)
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Accounts Payable
- Group Insurance
- a A joint funding program by federal and state governments (excluding Arizona) for low-income pt's on public assistance for their medical care.
- b Insurance offered to all employees by and employer.
- c The total amt. owed by the practice to suppliers and other service providers.
- d A printed description of the benefits provided by the insurer to the beneficiary.
- e Private insurance to supplement Medicare benefits for noncovered services.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The standard claim form
- This plan offers different insurance coverage depending on whether the pt receives services from a contracting network or non-network physician. The benefits are higher if the physician provider is a member of the PPO (or is a network physician).
- A specified amt. that the insured must pay toward the charge for professional services rendered.
- A printed form containing a list of the services with corresponding codes.
- A physician who has contacted to participate with an insurance company to be reimbursed for services according to the company's plan.
5 True/False questions
Coodination of Benefits (COB) → Procedures used by insurers to avoid ducplication of payment on claims when the pt has more than one policy. one insurance becomes the primary payer and no more than 100% of the costs are covered.
Coding → Transference of words into numbers to facilitate the use of computers in claim processing.
Preexisting Condition → A condition that existed before the insured's policy was issued.
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) → A prepaid group practice serving a secific geographic area.
Admitting Physician → The physician who cares for a pt in the hospital (not necessarily the physician who admitted the pt)