5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Internal Classification of Diseases, Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD)
- Preadmission Testing (PAT)
- Group Insurance
- Accounts Receivable
- a The total amt. of all charges for services rendered to pt's that have not been paid to the physician.
- b The coding system used to document diseases, injuries, illness and mortalities.
- c A request for payment.
- d Insurance offered to all employees by and employer.
- e Routine tests required for all pt's before hospital admission to screen for abnormal findings that could interfere with the pt's hospital stay or scheduled procedure.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A panel that tracks what their members receive and checks if their medical care meets the standards of the organization.
- A joint funding program by federal and state governments (excluding Arizona) for low-income pt's on public assistance for their medical care.
- Transference of words into numbers to facilitate the use of computers in claim processing.
- A printed form containing a list of the services with corresponding codes.
- Private insurance to supplement Medicare benefits for noncovered services.
5 True/False questions
Gatekeeper → A term given to a primary care physician for coodinating the pt's care to specialists, hospital admissions and so on.
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) → A prepaid group practice serving a secific geographic area.
Coodination of Benefits (COB) → Procedures used by insurers to avoid ducplication of payment on claims when the pt has more than one policy. one insurance becomes the primary payer and no more than 100% of the costs are covered.
Fee Schedule → A list of approved professional services for which the insurance company will pay with the maximum fee paid for each service.
Member Physician → The physician who admits a pt to the hospital (not necessarily the pt's attending physician)