5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Encounter Form (Superbill)
- Utilization Review
- Accounts Receivable
- a The total amt. of all charges for services rendered to pt's that have not been paid to the physician.
- b A review carried out by allied health professionals at predetermined times to assess the necessity of the particular pt to remain in an acute care facility.
- c A printed form containing a list of the services with corresponding codes.
- d Transference of words into numbers to facilitate the use of computers in claim processing.
- e A predetermined amt. that the insured must pay each year before the insurance company will pay for an accident of illness.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Prior authorization must be obtained before the pt is admitted to the hospital or some specified outpatient or in-office procedures.
- Government program that provides insurance coverage for those who are injured on the job or who have developed work related disorders, disabilities or illnesses.
- A printed description of the benefits provided by the insurer to the beneficiary.
- A term given to a primary care physician for coodinating the pt's care to specialists, hospital admissions and so on.
- A panel that tracks what their members receive and checks if their medical care meets the standards of the organization.
5 True/False questions
Individual Insurance → Insurance purchased by an individual for self and any eligible dependents.
Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) → A prepaid group practice serving a secific geographic area.
Fee Schedule → A list of approved professional services for which the insurance company will pay with the maximum fee paid for each service.
Internal Classification of Diseases, Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD) → A printed description of the benefits provided by the insurer to the beneficiary.
Subscriber → A predetermined amt. that the insured must pay each year before the insurance company will pay for an accident of illness.