5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Ituri Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- a Where do the Efe live?
- b Mali's first great ruler, who took over Ghana and established the new capital Niani.
- c The African region along the southern border of the Sahara.
- d Means "War Chief"
- e A West African storyteller.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A West African Empire that conquered Mali and controlled trade from the 1400s to 1591.
- The two most important trade items in Ghana.
- An African Kingdom, in what is now Ethiopia and Eritrea, that reached the height of its power in the fourth century A.D.
- Possibly Sundiata's grandnephew, he ruled from 1312 to 1332.
- The oldest known city in Africa South of the Sahara, it was discovered in 1977, with artifacts dating back from 250 B.C.
5 True/False questions
Animism → Aksum's chief trading port, in what is now Massawa
Stateless societies → The Nok were the first known African people to ___________.
Under Ezana, from 325 A.D. to 360 A.D. → When did the Aksum Empire reach its height?
Nok → A West African storyteller.
Lineage → A major trading civilization that traded with India.