5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A Christian prisoner of war
- Tsetse fly
- 1400 A.D.
- a The African region along the southern border of the Sahara.
- b A deadly insect that keeps people from settling near the rainforest
- c Who taught Ezana?
- d The people who are descended from a common ancestor
- e When was Djenne Djeno abandoned?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Why did Aksum fall?
- The oldest known city in Africa South of the Sahara, it was discovered in 1977, with artifacts dating back from 250 B.C.
- Which two tribes are still hunters and gatherers?
- Where do the Efe live?
- Which empire governed in independent city states?
5 True/False questions
Great Zimbabwe → Where did the Shona people settle?
Swahili → A mix of the original Bantu language and Arabic.
Hunter-gatherers → What type of lifestyle do the Efe live?
The Great Rift Valley → Where did the Shona people settle?
Maghrib → A region of western North Africa, consisting of Mediterranean coastlands of what is now Morocco, Tunisia, and Algeria.