5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Djenne Djeno
- 1400 A.D.
- a What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
- b The oldest known city in Africa South of the Sahara, it was discovered in 1977, with artifacts dating back from 250 B.C.
- c An African Kingdom, in what is now Ethiopia and Eritrea, that reached the height of its power in the fourth century A.D.
- d A desert roughly the size of the United States
- e When was Djenne Djeno abandoned?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What are the two largest deserts in Africa?
- A West African storyteller.
- What is the difference between the Almoravids and the Almohads?
- Mali's first great ruler, who took over Ghana and established the new capital Niani.
- The speakers of a related group of languages, who, beginning about 2000 years ago, migrated from West Africa into most of the Southern half of Africa.
5 True/False questions
The Great Rift Valley → Where did the Shona people settle?
Ibn Battuta → A historian and traveler, this devoted Muslim traveled to Mali and praised its justice system.
The son of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon → Who was the original founder of Aksum?
Gold and Salt → The two most important trade items in Ghana.
Nok → Africa's first known culture, the ________ people lived in what is now Nigeria between 500 B.C. and 200 A.D.