5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A Christian prisoner of war
- The son of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon
- Modern Weapons
- The Great Rift Valley
- a Who taught Ezana?
- b Where did the first humans appear in Africa?
- c Who was the original founder of Aksum?
- d What did the Songhai empire lack?
- e A West African people who formed several kingdoms in what is now Benin and Southern Nigeria.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A permanent move from one country or region to another.
- Possibly Sundiata's grandnephew, he ruled from 1312 to 1332.
- The second great ruler of Songhai, he took over after Sunni Ali's son was run out of office.
- A historian and traveler, this devoted Muslim traveled to Mali and praised its justice system.
- Africa's first known culture, the ________ people lived in what is now Nigeria between 500 B.C. and 200 A.D.
5 True/False questions
Benin → A kingdom that arose near the Niger river delta in the 1300s and became a major West African state in the 1400s.
Islamic invaders took the city of Adulis. → Why did Aksum fall?
Lineage → The people who are descended from a common ancestor
Kilwa → a West African empire that flourished after Ghana fell and grew rich from trade.
Bantu-speaking peoples → The speakers of a related group of languages, who, beginning about 2000 years ago, migrated from West Africa into most of the Southern half of Africa.