5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Islamic invaders took the city of Adulis.
- a Why did Aksum fall?
- b A West African people that lived in several city-states in what is now Northern Nigeria.
- c The African region along the southern border of the Sahara.
- d A language brought to Aksum by its early Arab inhabitants
- e Aksum's chief trading port, in what is now Massawa
5 Multiple choice questions
- What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
- A mix of the original Bantu language and Arabic.
- Means "War Chief"
- A kingdom that arose near the Niger river delta in the 1300s and became a major West African state in the 1400s.
- When did the Aksum Empire reach its height?
5 True/False questions
Gold and Salt → The two most important trade items in Ghana.
Hausa → Which empire participated significantly in the slave trade?
Zoskales → The African region along the southern border of the Sahara.
Great Zimbabwe → The people who are descended from a common ancestor
632-750 → When did Aksum fall?