5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Which empire governed in independent city states?
- b When did Aksum fall?
- c Relating to a southern African empire established by Mutota in the 15th century A.D.
- d Africa is the __________ largest continent in the world.
- e Mali's first great ruler, who took over Ghana and established the new capital Niani.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Why did the Bantu people migrate?
- Aksum's chief trading port, in what is now Massawa
- A West African people who formed several kingdoms in what is now Benin and Southern Nigeria.
- A West African people that lived in several city-states in what is now Northern Nigeria.
- A kingdom that arose near the Niger river delta in the 1300s and became a major West African state in the 1400s.
5 True/False questions
Sahara → Means "War Chief"
Nok → A kingdom that arose near the Niger river delta in the 1300s and became a major West African state in the 1400s.
Islam → Ghana's rulers converted to _________.
Ghana → A desert roughly the size of the United States
Kilwa → Means "War Chief"