5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bantu-speaking peoples
- a A West African people that lived in several city-states in what is now Northern Nigeria.
- b a West African empire that flourished after Ghana fell and grew rich from trade.
- c A language brought to Aksum by its early Arab inhabitants
- d Africa is the __________ largest continent in the world.
- e The speakers of a related group of languages, who, beginning about 2000 years ago, migrated from West Africa into most of the Southern half of Africa.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which empire governed in independent city states?
- A West African Empire that conquered Mali and controlled trade from the 1400s to 1591.
- When did agricultural life begin in Africa?
- What was the capital city for the Almoravids and the Almohads?
- What is the difference between the Almoravids and the Almohads?
5 True/False questions
Overpopulation → Why did the Bantu people migrate?
Benin → Africa's first known culture, the ________ people lived in what is now Nigeria between 500 B.C. and 200 A.D.
Great Zimbabwe → The Nok were the first known African people to ___________.
Tsetse fly → First great ruler of Songhai
Swahili → The African region along the southern border of the Sahara.