5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- health plan
- patient information form
- remittance advice (RA)
- a the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
- b form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
- c a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- d medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
- e a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
5 Multiple choice questions
- treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
- .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
- paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
- regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
- a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
5 True/False questions
policyholder → .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
payer → a small fixed fee paid by the patient at the time of an office visit.
accounting cycle → regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
procedure code → a code that identifies a medical service.
coinsurance → part of changes that of changes that an insured person must pay for health care services after payment of the deductible amount