5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- diagnosis code
- remittance advice (RA)
- a private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
- b a standardize value that represents a patien's illness, signs, and syptoms
- c a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- d a list of all services performed for a patient, along with the charges for each service.
- e medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a type of managed care in which a high-deductible/low-premium insurance plan is combined with a pretax saving account to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses, up to the deductible limit
- .a software program that automates many of the administrative and financial tasks required to run a madical practice
- a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
- health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
5 True/False questions
medical necessity → treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
coding → private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
coinsurance → part of changes that of changes that an insured person must pay for health care services after payment of the deductible amount
adjudication → series of steps that determine whether a claim should be piad
policyholder → .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms