5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- encounter form
- explanation of benefits (EOB)
- procedure code
- health plan
- a process of assigning standardize codes to diagnises and procedures
- b a code that identifies a medical service.
- c a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- d a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
- e paper document form a payer that shows how the amount of a benefit was determined
5 Multiple choice questions
- the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
- medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
- form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
- treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
- the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
5 True/False questions
coinsurance → medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
billing cycle → regugular squedule of sending statements to patients
medical coder → .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
policyholder → .a person who buys an insurance plan; the insured
adjudication → adavance payments to a provider that covers each plan member's health care services for a certain period of time