5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- accounting cycle
- medical necessity
- encounter form
- a medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
- b treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
- c the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
- d a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
- e a small fixed fee paid by the patient at the time of an office visit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
- a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
- private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
- .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
5 True/False questions
adjudication → adavance payments to a provider that covers each plan member's health care services for a certain period of time
health maintenance organization (HMO) → a managed health care system in which provides agree to offer heath care to the organization's members for fixed periodic payments from paln
billing cycle → the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
health plan → a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
consumer-driven health plan (CDPH) → a type of managed care in which a high-deductible/low-premium insurance plan is combined with a pretax saving account to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses, up to the deductible limit