5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- health maintenance organization (HMO)
- a a managed health care system in which provides agree to offer heath care to the organization's members for fixed periodic payments from paln
- b medical treatment provided by a physician or other health care provider.
- c health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
- d private or government organization that insures or pays for health care on the behalf of beneficiaries.
- e a list of all services performed for a patient, along with the charges for each service.
5 Multiple choice questions
- .a software program that automates many of the administrative and financial tasks required to run a madical practice
- a type of managed care in which a high-deductible/low-premium insurance plan is combined with a pretax saving account to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses, up to the deductible limit
- a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
- a list of the procedures and changes for a patient's visit
- a code that identifies a medical service.
5 True/False questions
patient information form → form that includes a patient's personal, employment, and insurance data needed to complete an insurance
remittance advice (RA) → treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
coding → process of assigning standardize codes to diagnises and procedures
adjudication → adavance payments to a provider that covers each plan member's health care services for a certain period of time
medical necessity → .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms