5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- medical coder
- procedure code
- a adavance payments to a provider that covers each plan member's health care services for a certain period of time
- b a code that identifies a medical service.
- c the periodic amount of money the insured pays to a health plan for insurance coverage.
- d .a peson who analyzes and codes patient diagnoses, procedures, and symptoms
- e part of changes that of changes that an insured person must pay for health care services after payment of the deductible amount
5 Multiple choice questions
- a explanation of benefits transmitted electronically by payer to a provider.
- treament provided by a physycian to a patient for the purpose of preventing, diagnosing, or treating an illness, injury, or its symptoms in a manner that is appropriate and provided in accordance with generally accepted standards of medical practice.
- a plan, program, or organization that provides health benifits.
- the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
- monies that are flowing into a business
5 True/False questions
managed care → a type of insurance in which the carrier is responsible for both financing and the delivery of health care
encounter form → the flow of financial transactions in a bissiness
free-for-service → health plan that repays the policyholder for covered medical expenses
health maintenance organization (HMO) → a managed health care system in which provides agree to offer heath care to the organization's members for fixed periodic payments from paln
consumer-driven health plan (CDPH) → a type of managed care in which a high-deductible/low-premium insurance plan is combined with a pretax saving account to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses, up to the deductible limit