1) Getting to know yourself- Through examination of your skills, interests, personality, and values.
2) Knowing what you want- Decisions about your lifestyle, desires, and research on financial needs to achieve them.
3) Getting to know the job market- Research on available careers and the potential for creating your own career as an entrepreneur.
4) Getting ready for a career- choosing a career to pursue and laying out plans to get the education or training you need to enter a career.
5) Getting a job- Preparing application materials and learning interview and offer negotiation skills.
6) Keeping your career going- Learning effective work habits, researching career trends, and planning for lifelong learning of skills that can transfer from one job to another.