5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Barbary Macques Bonding
- Causes of Dispersal at Proximal Level
- Migration new info
- Northern Elephant Seal Inbreeding
- Cognitive map
- a an individual may be forced out by its
parents or as an involuntary response to increased testosterone
levels associated with sexual maturation
- b At the turn of the last century it was estimated that there were only
between 20 and 50 northern elephant seals remaining. Now there are about 160,000 and growing at 6% per year. This suggests a severe genetic bottleneck and a minimal amount of genetic diversity.
- c Used to be defined by round trip but now one-way travel also counts
- d - a representation of
the geometric relationships among a home site, terrain surrounding
the home site, goals to be visited, and the terrain surrounding those
- e male Barbary macaques have a better chance of bonding with each other when at least one is hauling
around an infant. the infant is used as a social tool-- the males however also have high stress levels because the children can get annoying
5 Multiple choice questions
- Many organisms use geomagnetic cues. Marine Species follow the magnetic lineation in the seafloor, which are predominantly north-south. Other lineations oriented primarily east-west intersect these
north-south lines; these east-west lines correspond to fracture zones
across the spreading ridges
- Tend to be large and have large brains
- Members of dense colonies are much more at risk of spreading
parasites or disease simply based on density and proximity.
- Lion prides, wolf packs and African wild dogs are all territorial
and will defend resources to the death. In most cases the largest
- Among carnivores, lionesses
share the nursing of cubs in the pride, and subordinate wolves
regurgitate food for the alpha female and her litter.
5 True/False questions
Tradition → a behavior passed from one generation to the next
through the process of learning.
Benefits from Physical factors → White-footed mice frequently form communal nests in winter to huddle and conserve energy. Also Bats .
This benefit does not necessarily lead to organized social groups.
Scale color denotes → the "queen" reproduces, mother and young are fed
(but not nursed) by male and female adults of the worker caste,
another caste kept the young warm . males of this caste bred with the queen.
Matrilineally → most mammalian social systems are arrange matrilinearlly; mothers and their offspring may stay together and groups are this composed of mothers, daughters, aunts, and nieces
Optimum Hunting Size → Most mammalian movements occur in a relatively small area
such as when an individual acquires resources within its home