Marketing Chapter 3
Terms in this set (31)
1. When a company such as Home Depot provides a loyal customer with a relevant coupon, based on previous purchases through his or her mobile phone, while the customer is in the store, this is an example of
experiencing the product or service
2. Which of the following accurately depicts the activities included in the 4E framework for social media
excite, experience, engage,and educate
3. Through its Facebook page, a major restaurant chain is offering its customers a Groupon coupon for 50 percent off the purchase of a meal. In doing so, the restaurant is focusing on which aspect of the 4E framework?
4. To get customers excited about a social media-related offer, the offer must be
relative and aimed at a target market
5. While shopping online for gardening supplies, Lana visits a website she had heard advertised on Home and Garden Television (HGTV). Although she was not familiar with this particular firm, upon entering its website, Lana was able to learn about the company's value proposition as well as the benefits of their products. As a result, she decided to try out one of the company's most popular products. Which aspect of the 4E framework does this represent
6. Being able to download a chapter of a new book before buying it, or listening to a few seconds of a song before purchasing it are examples of which aspect of the 4E framework
experience and engage the product
8. Which of the following social networking sites has more than 1.5 billion monthly active users?
9. Which of the following is a professional site that is designed to allow users to share information about their professional lives with others, post résumés, network with other professionals, and search for jobs?
10. In terms of the 4E framework, a company that utilizes a media-sharing site such as YouTube does so to help consumers
experiencing the company's goods and services
11. Which of the following social media outlets would fall under the category of "thought-sharing sites"?
12. The best corporate blogs illustrate the importance of engaging customers around the core brand tenets without being overly concerned with
a hard sale
13. How does a microblog differ from a traditional blog?
smaller in size
14. Which facet of the 4E framework is best addressed by thought-sharing sites?
15. An individual who uses his or her smartphone to play Candy Crush Saga is fulfilling which of the seven primary motivations for mobile app usage?
16. In China, the app Weixin allows users to send videos, photos, messages, web links, status updates, and news. This app meets people's need to
17. A person who has downloaded the Weather Channel app on his or her smartphone to get up-to-the-minute weather information is attempting to fulfill which primary motivation for using a mobile app?
18. A person who wishes to fulfill the need for "me time" would most likely download which of the following apps?
19. Showrooming is associated with apps designed to fulfill which primary motivation?
20. Which of the following is not a way of generating revenue from apps?
21. When a game or app prompts users to make purchases to enhance the app or game, it is referred to as a(n)
In app purchase
22. Which of the following accurately depicts the three-stage social media engagement process?
listen, analyze, do
23. Marketers analyze comments posted by consumers on sites such as Facebook and Twitter to assess the favorableness or unfavorableness about a company and its products in a process known as
24. Calvin's company recently launched a campaign to promote a new product. It is Calvin's job to monitor customer feedback from various social media sources to see whether or not the new product is garnering favorable reviews. The technique for measuring this type of data is called ______ analysis
25. Which of the following is not a metric used by social media marketers to analyze data collected from social media?
26. The company that you work for, Mystical Jewelry, wants to analyze data that come from other sites, such as measuring where people have come from to get to Mystical's site. What would you recommend that your company use to determine how people searched the Internet to find its products?
27. Which of the following analytics is used to measure sales, downloads, video plays, or other actions important to a firm?
28. What is the fourth step involved in developing and implementing a social media marketing campaign?
developing the budget
29. Which of the following statements regarding the development and implementation of a social media marketing campaign is true
the images and messages used in social media campaign need to be updated almost constantly
30. acebook's Ad Manager offers various metrics and reports, such as number of clicks on ads, audience demographics, and ad performance for specific time periods. This information would be used in which step of developing a social media campaign?
monitor and change
31. When one of Nike's celebrity endorsers, such as LeBron James, tweets a close-up of a new pair of sneakers, Nike will have instantly reached James's 33.3 million Twitter followers. This is an example of the
32. A Major League baseball team wants to reach out to fans in their stadium to offer them seat upgrades. Which technology would you suggest they use
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
CHAPTER 3 QUIZ
323 chapter 3
Chapter 3 Quiz
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
6A Urban Freight Initiatives
Unit 5: Costing and Pricing for Transportation
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Marketing Chapter 4
Marketing Exam 1 Chapter 2
Marketing Ch 2 Quiz
Marketing Exam #1 Chapter 3