Upgrade to remove ads
Sat Vocab #2 English 10 Honors
Terms in this set (14)
(verb) to combine
(adj.) mentally ill; insane
(verb) to sharpen
(verb) to besiege by encircling (as with an army); to harass
(verb) to eat or swallow greedily
(adj.) no longer used or useful; very old
(noun) a narcotic used to cause sleep or bring relief from pain
(noun) an exaggerated portrayal of one's features
(verb) to waste time; to dawdle
(adj.) pertaining to or constituting a major crime
Vocab Exercise 1
1. Alex crouched behind a palm tree and shook her head; she had escaped from her cell, but she was still woozy from the_______that her captors used to drug her.
2. She didn't_____, because the guards would be searching for her in a matter of minutes.
3. Knowing that it might be days before she would eat again, Alex_______herself on a bag lunch that one of the guards had left unattended near her cell.
4. Seconds later, she began looking for the_____truck that the guards had used to transfer her to the compound.
5. She knew that the outmoded vehicle wouldn't set any speed records, but it was her only option for getting back to civilization. The odds were against Alex, but she had to make it out of the jungle before she could expose the kingpin's______operation to the public.
Vocab Exercise 1 answers
Vocab Exercise 2
1. Doctor Rearick, a famous chemist, mused at the________of himself in the editorial cartoon.
2. The artist had depicted the aging chemist as a[n]_______scientist, like Victor Frankenstein or Doctor Moreau, at a lab table trying to_______two mysterious liquids by pouring them both into a steaming test tube.
3. Reporters_______him with phone calls for days after he announced the discovery of a remarkable new alloy, and Rearick knew that he would need to_____his public speaking skills before he explained the full significance of the discovery in front of the television news cameras.
Vocab Exercise 2 answers
2. Demented, amalgamate
3. Beleaguered, hone
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Sat Vocab #4 English 10 Honors
Army PRT Prep Drills
The twelve daily exercises
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Tone Vocabulary for AP Lit
Sat Vocab #11 English 10 Honors
Sat Vocab #10 English 10 Honors
Sat Vocab #9 English 10 Honors