5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cardiac cathertezation
- pleural effusion
- Aplastic anemia
- Major function of Lymphatic System
- a The activity of the bone marrow is depressed.Two etiologic classifications: congenital and acquired. Failure of the normal process of cell generation and development. , anemia characterized by pancytopenia resulting from failure of the bone marrow
- b The most important thing to check for is iodine allergies
- c accumulation of fluid within the pleural cavity
- d Localized infections and filters foreign cells
- e the two atria contract while the two ventricles relax. When the ventricles contract, the two atria relax. The phase of contraction is called:
5 Multiple choice questions
- confusion, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, ileus, ocnstitpation and eventaully impaired renal function
- The collection of fluid in the alveoli, particularly dangerous because it impedes gas exchange. Common causes of are increased pulmonary blood pressure or infection of the respiratory system.
- is an occlusion of a major coronary artery or one of its branches with subsequent necrosis of myocardium caused by atherosclerosis or an embolus.
- 150,000-400,000/mm^3 Actual Cell Count; Increased in granulocytic leukemia, decreased in thrombocytopenia or aplastic anemia
- Enlarged lymph nodes, decreased production of RBCs, thrombocytopenia, and severe increase in WBC count. Bone-marrow aspiration shows abnormal lymphocytes present.
5 True/False questions
"shift to the left" → Results in hypertension of the arms
coronary artery disease → Men 25-40 SMOKERS, best thing to do is to quit smoking.
500 ml (1 pint) → Given to patients with a myocardial infarction
monocytes → primarily involved in body defense such as destruction of bacteria and viruses two broad categories: granulocytes and non-granulocytes
bradycardia → rapid, regular rhythm originating in the SA. It is characterized by a heartbeat of 100 to 150 or more per minute.