5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate
- Holter monitor
- a rapid, regular rhythm originating in the SA. It is characterized by a heartbeat of 100 to 150 or more per minute.
- b 60% to 70% 3000 to 7000; The most abundant type of white blood cell. They are phagocytic and tend to self-destruct as they destroy foreign invaders, limiting their life span to a few days.
- c a clot that breaks loose and travels through the bloodstream.
- d Records a tracing of the heart during various activities and is compared with activities that the patient is documenting as well
- e Male: 0-15mm/hr, Female: 0-20mm/hr: rate at which RBCs settle out of a tube of unclotted blood in 1 hour, Increased in tissue destruction; indicates infection when results are compared with elevation in WBC count; This is a fairly reliable indicator of the course of a disease and can therefore be used to monitor disease therapy, especially for inflammatory autoimmune diseases
5 Multiple choice questions
- Moderate: Markedly limited physical activity, confortable at rest, less than ordinary activity causes fatigue, palpitation, dyspnea, or anginal pain.
- Men 25-40 SMOKERS, best thing to do is to quit smoking.
- the two atria contract while the two ventricles relax. When the ventricles contract, the two atria relax. The phase of relaxation is called :
- an obstruction or closing off in a canal, vesel, or passage of the body
- Presence of excess bands in the peripheral blood that indicate severe infection is called:
5 True/False questions
Blood Volume → 5 to 6 Liters or 10 to 12 pints
Pancytopenic → people w/ aplastic are this, all 3 major blood elements ( red, white, platelets) from the bone marrow are reduced or absent
Hypercalcemia → deficient amount of oxygen in the blood
Platelet Count → 150,000-400,000/mm^3 Actual Cell Count; Increased in granulocytic leukemia, decreased in thrombocytopenia or aplastic anemia
intermittent claudication → 150,000-400,000/mm^3 Actual Cell Count; Increased in granulocytic leukemia, decreased in thrombocytopenia or aplastic anemia