CAE Gapped sentences CAE Expert SRB U 1 - 3
CAE Practice Gapped sentences
Terms in this set (12)
1. It is ________ to see why the presenter is so poplular - he is such a lively person.
2. Although the local people speak with an accent, it is ____ enough for visitors to understand.
3. Tom's grandmother hadn't had an ____ life, but she'd always had a very positive attitude.
1. Tom found that having to _____ such a heavy bag everywhere was rather inconvenient.
2. Although we were getting poor results from the research, we were advised to _____ on with the experiments.
3. The school is hoping to ______ out an extensive programme of repairs during the summer break.
1. Although not professionally trained, Damian can produce a technical drawing with a ______ degree of precision.
2. Cindy thought it really wasn't ____ of her boss to blame her for all the mistakes in the document.
3. In common with most her family, Glenda has very _____ skin.
1. On her first day in the job, Keira was asked to _____ through a long list of customer complaints and decide which needed an urgent response.
2. Graham couldn't ________ out why he never seemed to get an interview when he applied for jobs.
3. Milly would get angry when she couldn't get the office photocopier to ______ properly.
1. There has been a rather _____ response to the job advertisement that the company placed in the local newspaper.
2. Although double-checking the customer database was a rather ______ and time-consuming process, a number of serious mistakes were uncovered as a result.
3. Jamie was ______ to realise that he was fundamentally unsuited for the job he was doing, and so hadn't been thinking of alternatives.
1. Although access to its website is free, there's a small ______ if you want to receive the company's monthly newsletter.
2. Simon decided to take ______ of his own financial affairs at the relatively early age of seventeen.
3. Derek is in _______ of the office whilst his manager is on maternity leave.
1. When groups of visitors come to the television studios, guides ______ them round the set of the popular soap opera.
2. Any inaccuracies in the data will ______ up when the graphs are produced on screen.
3. The success of perfumes bearing the name of top models really does _____ how influential celebrities can be.
1. Although initially regarded only as a soap opera star, Emily has _______ the respect of the critics for her recent film roles.
2. For young singers, there is nothing to be _______ from over-exposure in the media at an early stage of their career.
3. The former model is reported to have _______ a lot of weight since her retirement.
1. The casting director has an excellent eye for talent and generally manages to _______ young actors who go on to perform very well in the show.
2. Brian was in a really bad mood, ready to ______ a fight with anyone who disagreed with him.
3. In the darkness, it was just impossible to _____ out the outline of a building in the distance.
1. A person's age and background will always ________ their choice of friends.
2. The actress said that she was happiest performing in front of a large group of people, so first-night nerves didn't ______ her greatly.
3. This disease is often difficult to identify as it doesn't _____ everyone in the same way.
1. Erin was on the ______ of resigning from the club, when she was unexpectedly offered the role of Treasurer.
2. Michael had made a ________ of contacting all of his team mates personally to explain why he would be missing the important match.
3. As they had numbered seats, Diane couldn't see the ______ of getting to the concert before the performance was due to start.
1. If it is not tended regularly, any garden will soon ______ into a state of disrepair.
2. Successful television personalities generally ______ into one or two categories - either they are very lucky or they are very determined.
3. Sonia had to miss a lecture, but asked to borrow a friend's notes so that she didn't ______ too far behind with the work.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
Review for Words and Phrases U9~12 (all)
Flight Attendant Interview Questionnaire
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Ch 7 The Red-Headed League
Ch 6 The Red-Headed League
Ch 5 The Red-Headed League
Ch 4 The Red-Headed League
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
CAE Expert U6: Sentence transformations
CAE, Opposites 1
CAE Phrasal Verbs
CAE Verbs of Moving and Looking