CAE Gapped sentences CAE Expert SRB U 1 - 3
CAE Practice Gapped sentences
Terms in this set (12)
1. It is ________ to see why the presenter is so poplular - he is such a lively person.
2. Although the local people speak with an accent, it is ____ enough for visitors to understand.
3. Tom's grandmother hadn't had an ____ life, but she'd always had a very positive attitude.
1. Tom found that having to _____ such a heavy bag everywhere was rather inconvenient.
2. Although we were getting poor results from the research, we were advised to _____ on with the experiments.
3. The school is hoping to ______ out an extensive programme of repairs during the summer break.
1. Although not professionally trained, Damian can produce a technical drawing with a ______ degree of precision.
2. Cindy thought it really wasn't ____ of her boss to blame her for all the mistakes in the document.
3. In common with most her family, Glenda has very _____ skin.
1. On her first day in the job, Keira was asked to _____ through a long list of customer complaints and decide which needed an urgent response.
2. Graham couldn't ________ out why he never seemed to get an interview when he applied for jobs.
3. Milly would get angry when she couldn't get the office photocopier to ______ properly.
1. There has been a rather _____ response to the job advertisement that the company placed in the local newspaper.
2. Although double-checking the customer database was a rather ______ and time-consuming process, a number of serious mistakes were uncovered as a result.
3. Jamie was ______ to realise that he was fundamentally unsuited for the job he was doing, and so hadn't been thinking of alternatives.
1. Although access to its website is free, there's a small ______ if you want to receive the company's monthly newsletter.
2. Simon decided to take ______ of his own financial affairs at the relatively early age of seventeen.
3. Derek is in _______ of the office whilst his manager is on maternity leave.
1. When groups of visitors come to the television studios, guides ______ them round the set of the popular soap opera.
2. Any inaccuracies in the data will ______ up when the graphs are produced on screen.
3. The success of perfumes bearing the name of top models really does _____ how influential celebrities can be.
1. Although initially regarded only as a soap opera star, Emily has _______ the respect of the critics for her recent film roles.
2. For young singers, there is nothing to be _______ from over-exposure in the media at an early stage of their career.
3. The former model is reported to have _______ a lot of weight since her retirement.
1. The casting director has an excellent eye for talent and generally manages to _______ young actors who go on to perform very well in the show.
2. Brian was in a really bad mood, ready to ______ a fight with anyone who disagreed with him.
3. In the darkness, it was just impossible to _____ out the outline of a building in the distance.
1. A person's age and background will always ________ their choice of friends.
2. The actress said that she was happiest performing in front of a large group of people, so first-night nerves didn't ______ her greatly.
3. This disease is often difficult to identify as it doesn't _____ everyone in the same way.
1. Erin was on the ______ of resigning from the club, when she was unexpectedly offered the role of Treasurer.
2. Michael had made a ________ of contacting all of his team mates personally to explain why he would be missing the important match.
3. As they had numbered seats, Diane couldn't see the ______ of getting to the concert before the performance was due to start.
1. If it is not tended regularly, any garden will soon ______ into a state of disrepair.
2. Successful television personalities generally ______ into one or two categories - either they are very lucky or they are very determined.
3. Sonia had to miss a lecture, but asked to borrow a friend's notes so that she didn't ______ too far behind with the work.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Human Resources Final
Flight Attendant Interview Questions (Z)
Job interview questions and ideal answers
MQM 220 Ch 7,9,10,11
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Ch 7 The Red-Headed League
Ch 6 The Red-Headed League
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
CAE Expert U6: Sentence transformations
CAE Verbs of Moving and Looking
CAE, Opposites 1
CAE Phrasal Verbs