5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the third stage; explain?
- What event breaks the negative feedback cycle in a female?
- How does the female negative feedback system control the uterine lining?
- In the female what does FSH stimulate?
- What is the epididymis?
- a Pregnancy
- b Coiled tube inside the testes where sperm is stored
- c Estrogen levels rise and levels get high; sends a message back to the pituitary and hypothalamus - which stops producing estrogen and sends a message to the brain telling it to stop and slow down for now
- d Corpus Luteum (day fifteen to twenty one) - High LH (pituitary) levels causes the ovary to produce progesterone and high progesterone maintains the endometrium for pregnancy
- e Production of eggs
5 Multiple choice questions
- All of the eggs
- External sack that covers each teste; outside the body to keep the sperm at a better temperature
- Thickens the uterus in preparation for fertilization
- Male sex gland - produces testosterone in which a large number of sperm are produced
5 True/False questions
What are the changes that occur monthly in the female reproduction system called? → AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis and Genital Herpes
Explain why the female needs a thick uterus lining if fertilization does occur? → To protect the baby
What is an ejaculation? → Release of semen containing semen
What are the seminal vesicles, prostate gland and cowper's gland? → Tubes inside the testes where the sperm cells are formed
Which hormone is at the highest level during the first four days of the menstrual cycle? → FSH because the follicle stage helps mature the egg