5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the cervix?
- What hormone is released by the corpus luteum immediately after ovulation?
- How many stages are there in the menstrual cycle?
- Explain why the female needs a thick uterus lining if fertilization does occur?
- What is the ovary?
- a Female sex gland that contains the egg (gametes)
- b Four
- c Opening between the uterus and the birth canal
- d Progesterone
- e To protect the baby
5 Multiple choice questions
- Development of lining of the uterus
- Only one
- External sack that covers each teste; outside the body to keep the sperm at a better temperature
- AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis and Genital Herpes
- Tube that runs the length of the penis; a passageway for both urine and semen
5 True/False questions
Which hormones are involved in feedback in females? → Estrogen and Progesterone
What does LH stand for; where is it produced? → Testosterone - produced in the pituitary gland (brain)
How does the female negative feedback system control the uterine lining? → First month
If the woman does not get pregnant then the corpus luteum breaks down and the level of progesterone starts declining; once progesterone decreases what happens to the lining of the uterus? → Four
Which hormone in the female negative feedback system stimulates the repair of the uterus after menstruation? → Estrogen