5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In a female what happens in the luteal phase (days fifteen to twenty eight)?
- Explain why the female needs a thick uterus lining if fertilization does occur?
- Describe AIDS and its effects?
- What is the fourth stage; explain?
- What is an ejaculation?
- a Menstruation (day twenty two to twenty eight) - Drop in estrogen and progesterone causes a breakdown of the endometrium and the unfertilized egg + the extra endometrium is released in a flow of blood; FSH increases at the end of the flow
- b To protect the baby
- c Kills more people than any other STD's - suppresses the immune system
- d Release of semen containing semen
- e Development of lining of the uterus
5 Multiple choice questions
- Production of eggs
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone - production of sperm
- Twenty eight day cycle - one lunar month
- Caused by a virus - sores on genitals - can become blind or brain damage - baby can catch
- Menstrual cycle
5 True/False questions
Which hormone in the female negative feedback system stimulates the repair of the uterus after menstruation? → Progesterone and Estrogen
By what week are all the body system of the fetus present? → First month
Which phase is the shortest phase in the cycle; and what hormonal activity begins this phase? → Thickens the uterus in preparation for fertilization
What are the seminiferous tubules? → Male sex gland - produces testosterone in which a large number of sperm are produced
While progesterone stays the same level what happens to the uterus? → Thickens