5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to punish, hold up to public scorn.
- b to dry up, dehydrate.
- c resentment at being slighted.
- d unconcerned, carefree.
- e warm interest, passion, enthusiasm, zeal.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to hesitate, raise objections.
- varied, motley, greatly diversified.
- an outcast, a rejected and despised person.
- untalkative, silent.
- extreme; low, like an abyss.
5 True/False questions
tenacity → firmness, persistency, adhesiveness, tending to hang on.
mellifluous → sweetly flowling; usually used to describe use of words (sweetly flowing words, as when the speech is characterized by high volubility.)
piquant → agreeably pungent, stimulating.
audacious → daring; bold.
adamant → agreeably pungent, stimulating.