5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to distress, create stress or torment.
- b varied, motley, greatly diversified.
- c hard and inflexible, unyielding.
- d extreme; low, like an abyss.
- e to hesitate, raise objections.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to punish, hold up to public scorn.
- to dry up, dehydrate.
- agreeably pungent, stimulating.
- warm interest, passion, enthusiasm, zeal.
- resentment at being slighted.
5 True/False questions
taciturn → untalkative, silent.
torpor → warm interest, passion, enthusiasm, zeal.
mellifluous → varied, motley, greatly diversified.
insouciant → unconcerned, carefree.
hirsute → resentment at being slighted.