5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a hairy, shaggy.
- b to dry up, dehydrate.
- c agreeably pungent, stimulating.
- d to distress, create stress or torment.
- e cheap, gaudy, showy, tacky.
5 Multiple choice questions
- warm interest, passion, enthusiasm, zeal.
- varied, motley, greatly diversified.
- to punish, hold up to public scorn.
- to hesitate, raise objections.
- an outcast, a rejected and despised person.
5 True/False questions
audacious → daring; bold.
taciturn → cheap, gaudy, showy, tacky.
mellifluous → varied, motley, greatly diversified.
tenacity → firmness, persistency, adhesiveness, tending to hang on.
torpor → lethargy,sluggishness, dormancy.