5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Identify IND. Var., INT, Var., and DEP var. involved in motivation to respond w/o prejudice?
- Altruism is defined as?
- In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe "wanting"
- In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe "liking".
- In Koobs hedonic homeostatic dysregulation theory, define reward system.
- a Brain system is sensitized and mediates a subcomponent of reward termed "incentive salience" (WANTING) has been sensitized and has enhanced incentive value.There is an increase in "wnating" not "liking"
- b Activation of circuits involved in positive reinforcement.
- c IND=a context that would evoke bias, learning processes that create standards,Pavlovian,social modeling influences, instrumental, influences cultural influences. INT Var=concern for normative standards (high-low) and Internal standard (biased-nonbiased). DEP Var.= distortion of surveys, public BH,Self-determination goals.
- d Brain system is sensitized and DO NO mediate LIKING: the pleasurable or euphoric effects of drugs.
- e Helping at cost to self
5 Multiple choice questions
- As goal specificity and difficulty increase , goal related performance increases.
- They already know they are not prejudice and feel no need to exhibit that internalized value to others.
- This individual would not be motivated to exhibit compensatory BH.Their morals are internalized.
- because they expect to benefit either directly or indirectly from helping
- Lack of knowledge and skills (ex: birdhouse)OR goal viewed as threat (saying "don't mess up" to yourself instead of find the answer to 12 out of 15.)
5 True/False questions
In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe VERY BRIEFLY "liking" and "wanting". → Brain system is sensitized and DO NO mediate LIKING: the pleasurable or euphoric effects of drugs.
Describe the Deci study. → 24 subjects Used 3D puzzles w/7 cube pieces.Measured time played w/puzzle when exp. left room. Time1-Control and Exp. config.same puzzles. Time 2:Exp. group PAID for each configuration completed.control not paid. Time 3: NO group Paid. Result:Experimental (paid)group spent less time config. puzzles..appears their intrinsic motivation was impaired by paying them. Control gourps intrinsic Mot. appears to have increase each time they completed the configurations.
In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe the IND var. , the INT. var., and the DEP. var. → IND+drug cues (context). INT-Incentive salience (wanting). DEP=Compoulsive drug seeking and use.
What is aversive racism? → Subtle and ambiguous discrimination. Ex: almost all companies promote equal opportunities for employees, but OFTEN times that is not the case.
Latham and Saari → 60 subjects Material: Wood Directed to list uses for wood. Either told "do your best"..."assigned own goal"...or "Had goal assigned to them". Results: Setting a specific goal even if you don't set it yourself, leads to higher performance than "do your best".