5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In Work Motivation what are the "can do" "will do", "allowed to do"?
- In Koobs hedonic homeostatic dysregulation theory, define neuroadaptations.
- For high IM individuals, what is the critical discrepancy that gives rise to motivation (that is, what are the reference criterion and the input) and what compensatory BH would the individual perform.
- In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe neuroadaptations.
- In Model of Goals Setting Theory, what are the essential elements?
- a these render the brains rewards system hypersensitive (sensitized) to drug effects and drug associated stimuli (cues). Activated through S-S connections such as context it was used in, place, smell, sounds.)
- b Attempt to regulate over-activation of reward system.
- c This individual would not be motivated to exhibit compensatory BH.Their morals are internalized.
- d Goal Core (specificity, difficulty, performance and learning goals), Moderators (goal commitment and importance, self-efficacy, feedback, task complexity)Mechanisms(commitment,importance,self-efficacy,feedback,complexity),Both moderators and mechanisms are Int.Variables. All three lead effect Performance(productivity,cost-improvement). Then there is Willingness to commit and Satisfaction w/performance which both loop back to Moderators.
- e Ability, Motivation, and Situational constraints
5 Multiple choice questions
- Activation of circuits involved in positive reinforcement.
- A "modern" kind of prejudice held by people who do not consider themselves prejudiced and who would find any accusation of being prejudiced aversive, BUT who nevertheless harbor some negative beliefs and hostile feelings toward members of minority groups.
- sacrificing reproductive process for the reproductive success of offspring
- IND=a context that would evoke bias, learning processes that create standards,Pavlovian,social modeling influences, instrumental, influences cultural influences. INT Var=concern for normative standards (high-low) and Internal standard (biased-nonbiased). DEP Var.= distortion of surveys, public BH,Self-determination goals.
- Critical discrepancy occurs when they feel that someone has seen passed their facade and they are "outed as prejudice". To compensate they would like make an obvious outward gesture to exhibit to others that "they aren't really prejudice" (lying of course). They feel threatened and respond with .....so called "proof".
5 True/False questions
What specific neural mechanisms developed to confer survival advantages? → Feel a social pressure to comply with nonprejudicial social norms.External locus of control.Fail to live up to it they threatened.
In the discussion of Drug Addiction describe VERY BRIEFLY "liking" and "wanting". → Brain system is sensitized and DO NO mediate LIKING: the pleasurable or euphoric effects of drugs.
According to Opponent Process Theory what is the initial affective(hedonic or emotional response due to? → sacrificing reproductive process for the reproductive success of offspring
Describe the Deci study. → 24 subjects Used 3D puzzles w/7 cube pieces.Measured time played w/puzzle when exp. left room. Time1-Control and Exp. config.same puzzles. Time 2:Exp. group PAID for each configuration completed.control not paid. Time 3: NO group Paid. Result:Experimental (paid)group spent less time config. puzzles..appears their intrinsic motivation was impaired by paying them. Control gourps intrinsic Mot. appears to have increase each time they completed the configurations.
Why do high IM individuals fail to show compensatory BH? → They already know they are not prejudice and feel no need to exhibit that internalized value to others.