5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In Koobs hedonic homeostatic dysregulation theory, define Anti-reward system.
- Describe 3 critical components of work performance.
- Identify IND. Var., INT, Var., and DEP var. involved in motivation to respond w/o prejudice?
- Describe the Deci study.
- In the discussion of Drug Addiction define compulsive drug seeking.
- a IND=a context that would evoke bias, learning processes that create standards,Pavlovian,social modeling influences, instrumental, influences cultural influences. INT Var=concern for normative standards (high-low) and Internal standard (biased-nonbiased). DEP Var.= distortion of surveys, public BH,Self-determination goals.
- b Situational constraints: anything in the environment that might facilitate or retard behavior. Ability: regarded as fairly stable within each individual. Motivation: the final determinant of behavior.
- c Through repeated activation of reward system stress/emotion systems are strengthened adding negative affects to the once positive effects. Adds a little rain to the happy party.
- d A compulsive BH of seeking and using drugs, taking precedence over all other activities...the inability to stop using.
- e 24 subjects Used 3D puzzles w/7 cube pieces.Measured time played w/puzzle when exp. left room. Time1-Control and Exp. config.same puzzles. Time 2:Exp. group PAID for each configuration completed.control not paid. Time 3: NO group Paid. Result:Experimental (paid)group spent less time config. puzzles..appears their intrinsic motivation was impaired by paying them. Control gourps intrinsic Mot. appears to have increase each time they completed the configurations.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Feel a social pressure to comply with nonprejudicial social norms.External locus of control.Fail to live up to it they threatened.
- Process by which drug-taking BH becomes a compulsive BH of seeking and using drugs, taking precedence over other activities. Inability to stop using...often results in relapse.
- They already know they are not prejudice and feel no need to exhibit that internalized value to others.
- Brain system is sensitized and mediates a subcomponent of reward termed "incentive salience" (WANTING) has been sensitized and has enhanced incentive value.There is an increase in "wnating" not "liking"
- This individual would not be motivated to exhibit compensatory BH.Their morals are internalized.
5 True/False questions
According to egoism theory, why do individuals help others? → because they expect to benefit either directly or indirectly from helping
How does drug abuse develop according to Negative reinforcement interpretation? → Taken because of negative reinforcement. The individual wants to escape the WD symptoms. The person wants to avoid the bad feeling that comes from not using.
In Work Motivation what are the "can do" "will do", "allowed to do"? → Brain system is sensitized and DO NO mediate LIKING: the pleasurable or euphoric effects of drugs.
How does drug abuse develop according to the Opponent Process Theory? → Allostatic load is conseq. of repeated deviations from homeostasis, results in changed set points (dysregulation).Increased intake is to counteract negative symptoms and avoid WD symptoms.Person want sot feel good so attempts regulation because normal functioning has been dyregulated.
Into what 3 categories can egoistic explanations be directed? → Subtle and ambiguous discrimination. Ex: almost all companies promote equal opportunities for employees, but OFTEN times that is not the case.