Create an account
What are paraphilias?
Group of disorders characterized by sexual arousal to objects, situations and individuals that are not deemed socially acceptable and cause significant distress/functional impairment to the patient
What is the difference between pedophilia and ephebophilia?
Pedophilia = prepubescent
Ephebophilia = pubescent - 18yo
What parts of the hx in a patient c/o erectile dysfunction decreases the likelihood that the complaint is d/t somatic factors?
(1) morning erection, (2) erections during masturbation
What is the effect of antipsychotic medication on sexual function?
Antidopaminergic effects increase circulating prolactin, resulting in gynecomastia and impaired arousal
Harry Benjamin Standard of Care for Gender Reassignment
Prior to consideration for reassignment:
(1) Letters of recommendation from mental health professionals
(2) Must be >18yo
(3) Must undergo 1 year of hormonal therapy
(4) Successfully live in a cross gender role continuously for one year
What are the disorders of sexual desire?
1. Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder- pt w/ low sexually interest that is distressing to the pt
2. Sexual Aversion Disorder - pt w/ absent sexual desire that is distressing to the pt
*Tx = psychotherapy
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together