what are the four and five...
Terms in this set (9)
what are four negative associations with humility?
1. being weak
2. being passive
3. Lacking self-respect
4. Lacking self-confidence
What are four areas where prudence is important in our lives today?
1. Financial planning
2. Health behavior
3. Alcohol and drugs
4. Sexual behavior
4 1/2. School
What are the four ways that self-efficacy may make a difference?
It may make you more likely to...
1. approach difficult tasks as a challenges to be mastered rather then a threat to avoid.
2. set more challenging goals and maintain a strong commitment to them
3. enable you to quickly recover and sustain your efforts in the face of failure
4. reduce the stress and emotional distress you experience when engaging in a challenging activity.
What are the four major finding on humor and health?
1. positive asset in recovery from illness
2. positive assets for dealing with mortality
3. improve immune system functioning
4. reduce the harmful effects of the stress response
What are the four facets of gratitude?
1. Gratitude intensity
2. Gratitude frequency
3. gratitude span
5. gratitude density
What are Brian Seaward's four main themes of spirituality?
1. Connecting - belief all things are connected
2. emptying - cleansing our consciousness
3. Grounding - the soul or spirit is filled with new insight and knowledge (made possible through emptying)
4. Centering - Deep reflection of one's real self, what is our purpose in life.
What were the five kinds of psychotherapy we discussed where meaning and purpose are important.
3. Cognitive Therapy
4. Acceptance and commitment therapy
5. Motivational Inverviewing
What are the five reasons why spirituality and religion may be good for you or their health?
1. It may increase a sense of meaning and purpose in life
2. It may increase social support
3. It may increase good health behaviors
4. It may increase positive emotions
5. It may serve to motivate and empower people to confront injustice and improve human
What are the five guidelines for when spirituality might be a strength.
1.When it fosters a deep acceptance of the self and others
2.When it fosters compassion for self and others.
3. When it fosters a sense of purpose in life and the ability to find meaning in suffering
4. When it is a source for other strengths like: optimism, creativity, wisdom, gratitude, forgiveness and so many others
5. When it builds community and connection with other people
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
MCAT Behavioral Sciences | Kaplan Guide
Positive Psych Final
Positive Psych Test 2
Positive Psych Final Exam
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
April 2nd- April 9th questions
Vobab exam 3
Terms on SG and Lecture