5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Pain in a tendon is called
- b The abnormal hardening of muscle tissue is called:
- c The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called:
- d This term, also called hyperactivity, is abnormally increased motor function or activity.
- e The study of muscular activity and the resulting movement of body parts is called:
5 Multiple choice questions
- This condition occurs when inflamed and swollen tendons are caught in the narrow space between the bones within the shoulder joint.
- The tightening of a muscle is called:
- The movement of a limb toward the midline of the body is called:
- Decreasing the angle between two bones by bending a limb at a joint is called:
- This medical specialist treats disorders that involve inflammation of connective tissues, including muscles.
5 True/False questions
my/o → The weakness or wearing away of body tissues and structures is called:
myositis → The related combining form for muscle is:
myomalacia → Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
epicondylitis → This condition is an inflammation of the tissues surrounding the elbow.
atrophy → The weakness or wearing away of body tissues and structures is called: