5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The tightening of a muscle is called:
- b The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called:
- c Pain in a tendon is called
- d This condition is an inflammation of the tissues surrounding the elbow.
- e The weakness or wearing away of body tissues and structures is called:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
- The related combining form for muscle is:
- Decreasing the angle between two bones by bending a limb at a joint is called:
- The abnormal hardening of muscle tissue is called:
- This medical specialist treats disorders that involve inflammation of connective tissues, including muscles.
5 True/False questions
hyperkinesia → The extreme slowness in movement is called:
supination → The act of rotating the arm or the leg so that the palm of the hand or sole of the foot is turned
forward or upward is called:
impingement syndrome → This condition occurs when inflamed and swollen tendons are caught in the narrow space between the bones within the shoulder joint.
myomalacia → The abnormal softening of muscle tissue is called:
extension → Increasing the angle between two bones or straightening out a limb is called: