5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The act of rotating the arm or the leg so that the palm of the hand or sole of the foot is turned
forward or upward is called:
- b The abnormal softening of muscle tissue is called:
- c This medical specialist treats disorders that involve inflammation of connective tissues, including muscles.
- d Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
- e The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called:
5 Multiple choice questions
- The symptoms occur when the tendons passing through the carpal tunnel are chronically overused and become inflamed and swollen.
- This condition occurs when inflamed and swollen tendons are caught in the narrow space between the bones within the shoulder joint.
- The weakness or wearing away of body tissues and structures is called:
- The related combining form for muscle is:
- The study of muscular activity and the resulting movement of body parts is called:
5 True/False questions
extension → Decreasing the angle between two bones by bending a limb at a joint is called:
adduction → The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called:
tenaglia → Pain in a tendon is called
epicondylitis → Inflammation of a skeletal muscle is called:
pronation → The circular movement around an axis such as at the shoulder joint is called: