5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Matthew Brady
- Equivalent Exposure
- Camera Obscura
- a In order to change your aperture or shutter speed to effect the aesthetics of your photo, you can find the proper exposure at a different f-stop and shutter speed, but still allow the same amount of light into your camera. i.e. 1/125 @ f16 = 1/500 @ f8 .
- b The photographic process in which glass plates were coated with egg white and silver nitrate solution to be used as negatives. This process was most used during the Civil War.
- c The first camera, developed during the Rennaisance period. It was the size of a room, and literally means dark room.
- d He gained recognition due to his documentation of the Civil War. He not only photographed many of the battles himself, but also coordinated a group of other photographers to go and document as well. Because of his work during this time, he became known as the father of photojournalism.
- e An adjustment in Photoshop used to fine tune the overall exposure, and also work on the contrast of your image.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The number of pixels per inch in your image. Often referred to in pixels per inch or ppi. A higher number will give you more detail and fineness in your image.
- The amount of time the shutter inside the camera is open to expose your photo.
- When properly used, they will create depth, contrast and added interest for your viewer.
- This allows you to create simple and extraordinary compositions out of very small, ordinary subjects. The closer the better.
- The composition technique concentrating on lines to make your photograph. Vertical lines mean power and strength. Horizontal lines show relaxation and calm. Diagonal lines show movement and are dynamic. Leading lines bring the viewer's eye into your photo and show depth.
5 True/False questions
Single Lens Reflex Camera → A camera with a movable mirror and detachable lenses that allows you to see exactly what you will be photographing.
Image Size → In Photoshop, go to Image:Image Size: uncheck the resolution box, select Bicubic Sharper, recheck the resolution box, change your resolution to 360 ppi, then change either your width (horizontal image) or your height (vertical image).
Point and Shoot Camera → An automatic, easy to use camera that determines your exposure and focus for you.
Crop tool → Used to crop into your photograph more, cutting out distracting objects or to move into your subject. Shortcut: c
Subject → The object, subject, or thing that is the main point of your photo.