5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Timothy O'Sullivan
- Layer Mask
- a Layer masks are used to put 'on top' of adjustment layers to select only part of the image for the layer adjustment to show.
- b This allows you to create simple and extraordinary compositions out of very small, ordinary subjects. The closer the better.
- c You show this by either stopping or freezing it, or by using the panning technique. Stop action utilizes high shutter speeds, and should be believable. Panning will give a 'blurred' effect to the background and back half of your subject.
- d He became a member of Brady's team after being discharged from duty during the Civil War. He is most recognized for his photographs during and after the Battle of Gettysburg.
- e The composition technique using object placement, vanishing points, and receding lines to create the illusion of depth and 3-dimensionality in your photo.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The first person to ever appear in a photograph. He appeared only because he was not moving while Niepce exposed his photograph of the street scene from his window.
- In Photoshop, go to Image:Image Size: uncheck the resolution box, select Bicubic Sharper, recheck the resolution box, change your resolution to 360 ppi, then change either your width (horizontal image) or your height (vertical image).
- The amount of light needed to make a photograph.
- The time of day that gives the best light for photographing generally during the first and last hours of light during the day.
- The composition technique using repetition of objects, colors, textures, or lines to create interest and attention for your viewer. Breaking the repetition is also a way to draw interest for your viewer. Odd numbered groupings are best - 3 or 5.
5 True/False questions
Ansel Adams → Most well known for his landscape photographs, he became the first widely accepted commercial fine art photographer. He also created the Zone System which revolutionized the quality and standards for black and white darkroom printing.
Point and Shoot Camera → An automatic, easy to use camera that determines your exposure and focus for you.
Flatten Layers → Used to edit your photograph non - destructively. They can be added by going to Layers:New Adjustment Layer: then choose the type of layer you want.
Shadows → When properly used, they will create depth, contrast and added interest for your viewer.
Camera Obscura → Layer masks are used to put 'on top' of adjustment layers to select only part of the image for the layer adjustment to show.