5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Golden Hour
- Motionless Man
- a The number of pixels per inch in your image. Often referred to in pixels per inch or ppi. A higher number will give you more detail and fineness in your image.
- b The time of day that gives the best light for photographing generally during the first and last hours of light during the day.
- c Allowing too much light into your camera for your photograph. Your photo will be too light or white.
- d The photographic process in which glass plates were coated with egg white and silver nitrate solution to be used as negatives. This process was most used during the Civil War.
- e The first person to ever appear in a photograph. He appeared only because he was not moving while Niepce exposed his photograph of the street scene from his window.
5 Multiple choice questions
- He became a member of Brady's team after being discharged from duty during the Civil War. He is most recognized for his photographs during and after the Battle of Gettysburg.
- Layer masks are used to put 'on top' of adjustment layers to select only part of the image for the layer adjustment to show.
- Basic Daylight Exposure or the Sunny 16 Rule. On a sunny day, your proper exposure outdoors will always be 1/125th of a second at f16.
- An adjustment in Photoshop used to fine tune the overall exposure, and also work on the contrast of your image.
- The man who successfully took the very first photograph.
5 True/False questions
Aperture → The composition technique using different textures to create the focal point of your photo. Angled light is needed to bring out the textures, photographing during the golden hour is the best way to emphasize texture.
Lines → The composition technique concentrating on lines to make your photograph. Vertical lines mean power and strength. Horizontal lines show relaxation and calm. Diagonal lines show movement and are dynamic. Leading lines bring the viewer's eye into your photo and show depth.
Exposure → The composition technique using different textures to create the focal point of your photo. Angled light is needed to bring out the textures, photographing during the golden hour is the best way to emphasize texture.
PPI → Pixels Per Inch - the amount of pixels per inch on your screen or image - the number talks about your resolution. Larger numbers will give you more detail and smoothness in your image.
Composition → The arrangement of subjects and objects in the frame of your photo.