5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the term used to describe human's change in perception of a color under different light sources?
- An in-camera reflected meter reading a very light toned scene indicates an exposure of 1/250th at f/8. For a correct exposure, what should you do?
- What angle of view does a spot meter read?
- What kind of light will be produced when using a large white umbrella close to a subject?
- The rule of thirds necessitates that the composition be divided into a grid of now many equal rectangles or squares?
- a flat, low contrast light
- b Maybe as little as 0.5 degrees or 1 degree
- c 9
- d Use positive exposure compensation (overexposure). A reflected meter reading will attempt to make the scene 18% gray - employ overexposure to adjust.
- e Metamerism
5 Multiple choice questions
- Butterfly lighting
- dynamic range (not to be confused with gamut)
- Curves adjustment; Levels adjustment; Brighteness/Contrast adjustment
- Follow focus
- Also called a gobo; it is a small panel usually mounted on a stand that shades some part of the subject or shields the lens from light that could cause flare
5 True/False questions
Name 2 ways you can decrease depth of field → 1) Use a longer lens; 2) Move closer to the subject
What is the Rule of Two? → The entire range of colors that can be seen, reproduced, or captured. Our eyes have a greater gamut than a print or monitor.
How much resolution do you need for: Internet? Newspaper? Photographic print? Glossy magazine? → Cyan
What two camera controls adjust the amount of light that reaches the sensor? → Black (0)
An 8x10 at 240 ppi will have a resolution of what? → Interpolated resolution can be generated by Photoshop or any image editing software to increase print size resolution.