5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How would you define exposure in mathematical terms? (X times Y = exposure)
- Convex lenses cause light rays to do what?
- In a curves adjustment layer, what does the shape of the curve indicate?
- What is the inverse square law?
- The greatest tonal range from black to white is achievable on what kind of paper?
- a Glossy paper
- b bend toward each other and converge at the focal point.
- c The intensity of the illumination is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from light to subject. At twice the distance from the subject, the light illuminates only 1/4 of the original.
- d Contrast
- e Intensity (aperture) x Time (shutter)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Levels adjustment
- 3200 Kelvin
- Memory card / flash card / compact flash card
- To create a 1-stop difference, multiply the original distance by 1.4. Example - if you were originally 5 feet away, a 1-stop difference would have you step back to 7 feet.
5 True/False questions
A lens set at f/4 admits how much more/less light than one set at f/2.8? → Reflected light meter
An incident-exposure reading for a fair-skinned subject reads f/8, 1/125th at 100 ISO. The next subject is very dark skinned. What is the proper exposure for the second subject? → No change. The EXPOSURE doesn't change or it would also change the background as well. Move the lights to adjust.
What are quad- and hex- tone printing? → Inkjet black & white printing where color cartridges are replaced with shades of gray, resulting in smooth tones and slight color cast
How can you change the brightness of the background when using flash? → Change the shutter speed. The longer the shutter speed, the lighter the background will be. The faster the shutter speed, the darker the background will be because less existing light is captured.
An 8x10 at 240 ppi will have a resolution of what? → 1920 pixels by 2400 pixels (4.6 million pixels)