5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name two ways you can increase depth of field (other than changing aperture)
- What are luminance and illuminance?
- Contrast measures what in a print?
- Most lenses are sharpest closed down to how many stops from the widest?
- Name 3 ways to make a tonal adjustment in Photoshop
- a The difference between light and dark.
- b 1 or 2, depending on the lens, could be 2 to 3.
- c Luminance is light reflected from the subject surface (measured by a reflected-light meter), while Illuminance is light falling on a subject surface (as measured with an incident light meter)
- d 1) Use a shorter focal length; 2) Move farther away from the subject
- e Curves adjustment; Levels adjustment; Brighteness/Contrast adjustment
5 Multiple choice questions
- Interpolated resolution can be generated by Photoshop or any image editing software to increase print size resolution.
- Broad lighting
- A RAW file that has been altered
- Follow focus
5 True/False questions
When adjusting an image with levels, if you want to make any color neutral quickly, what would you do? → Click with the neutral-point dropper on the selected color
What does a neutral density filter do? → Absorbs equal quantities of all wavelengths of light. It allows you to use wider apertures or slower shutter speeds without changing color balance.
Resolution refers to what? → The amount of information contained in each pixel
What two camera controls adjust the amount of light that reaches the sensor? → Aperture and shutter
If you're working with an automatic camera and you set the shutter speed and the camera sets the aperture, what mode are you working in? → Aperture-Priority