Put the following steps of DNA replication in chronological order.
1. Single-stranded binding proteins attach to DNA strands.
2. Hydrogen bonds between base pairs of antiparallel strands are broken.
3. Primase binds to the site of origin.
4. DNA polymerase binds to the template strand.
5. An RNA primer is created.
2, 1, 3, 5, 4
Which statement is correct concerning DNA synthesis catalyzed by DNA polymerase?
The new DNA strand is synthesized in the 5'→3' direction; the template strand is read in the 3'→5' direction.
Base pairing in mRNA synthesis follows slightly different rules than in DNA synthesis:
uracil (U) replaces thymine (T) in pairing with adenine (A).
The codons specified by the mRNA are then translated into a string of amino acids.
What amino acid sequence does the following DNA nucleotide sequence specify?
3' - TACAGAACGGTA - 5'
3' - AUG-UCA-UGC-CAU - 5'
3' - Met - Ser - Cys - His - 5'