5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- PRIMARY INSURANCE
- ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE
- LISTED ON CMS
- a NON PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
- b PROFESSIONAL SVCS/TECHNICAL SVCS, MODIFIERS ADDED
- c EDI - COMPUTER TO COMPUTER EXCHANGE OF DATA BETW. PROVIDER AND PAYER
- d PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING HEALTH CARE FEES
- e The health plan that pays benefits first when a patient is covered by more than one plan.
5 Multiple choice questions
- FINANCIAL SOURCE DOCUMENT; RECORD OF TREATMENT AND CHARGES RENDERED TO PT. DURING CURRENT ENCOUNTER. USED IN PHYSICIANS OFFICE
- SUBMITTING MULTIPLE CPT CODES WHEN ONE SHOULD BE SUBMITTED
- SIGNATURE ON FILE
- the maximum amount the payer will reimburse for ecah procedure or service, according to the paitent's policy.
- CLEARINGHOUSE THAT INVOLVES VALUE ADDED VENDORS, SUCH AS BANKS, IN THE PROCESSING OF CLAIMS
5 True/False questions
REPEAT PATIENT → ESTABLISHED PATIENT
CHARGEMASTER → HOSPITAL TERM FOR ENCOUNTER FORM
PAR → PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
BIRTHDAY RULE → The guideline that determines which of two parents with medical coverage has the primary insurance for a child; the parent whose day of birth is earlier in the calendar year is considered primary.
CLEAN CLAIM → ACCURATE CLAIM FORM