5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ENCOUNTER FORM/SUPERBILL
- CLAIMS ATTATCHMENT
- CLEAN CLAIM
- REPEAT PATIENT
- LISTED ON CMS
- a ACCURATE CLAIM FORM
- b FINANCIAL SOURCE DOCUMENT; RECORD OF TREATMENT AND CHARGES RENDERED TO PT. DURING CURRENT ENCOUNTER. USED IN PHYSICIANS OFFICE
- c PROFESSIONAL SVCS/TECHNICAL SVCS, MODIFIERS ADDED
- d MEDICAL REPORT SUSTAINING A MEDICAL CONDITION
- e ESTABLISHED PATIENT
5 Multiple choice questions
- EDI - COMPUTER TO COMPUTER EXCHANGE OF DATA BETW. PROVIDER AND PAYER
- PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING HEALTH CARE FEES
- The guideline that determines which of two parents with medical coverage has the primary insurance for a child; the parent whose day of birth is earlier in the calendar year is considered primary.
- HOSPITAL TERM FOR ENCOUNTER FORM
- Health Insurance Claim Form
5 True/False questions
APPEAL → DOCUMENTED AS A LETTER, SIGNED BY PROVIDER EXPLAINING WHY A CLAIM SHOULD BE RECONSIDRERED
PRIMARY INSURANCE → The health plan that pays benefits first when a patient is covered by more than one plan.
ACCEPT ASSIGNMENT → The provider agrees to accept what the insurance company approves as payment in full for the claim.
GENDER RULE → THE FATHERS PLAN IS ALWAYS PRIMARY WHEN A CHILD IS COVERED BY BOTH PARENTS
DAY SHEET → FINANCIAL RECORD FOR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT THAT DAY