5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- LISTED ON CMS
- CLAIMS ATTATCHMENT
- a MEDICAL REPORT SUSTAINING A MEDICAL CONDITION
- b DOCUMENTED AS A LETTER, SIGNED BY PROVIDER EXPLAINING WHY A CLAIM SHOULD BE RECONSIDRERED
- c NON PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
- d SIGNATURE ON FILE
- e PROFESSIONAL SVCS/TECHNICAL SVCS, MODIFIERS ADDED
5 Multiple choice questions
- The guideline that determines which of two parents with medical coverage has the primary insurance for a child; the parent whose day of birth is earlier in the calendar year is considered primary.
- An arrangement by which a patient requests that his or her health insurance benefit payments be made directly to a physician or hospital is called a(n):
- ACCURATE CLAIM FORM
- The health plan that pays benefits first when a patient is covered by more than one plan.
- The provider agrees to accept what the insurance company approves as payment in full for the claim.
5 True/False questions
GENDER RULE → THE FATHERS PLAN IS ALWAYS PRIMARY WHEN A CHILD IS COVERED BY BOTH PARENTS
VALUE ADDED NETWORK (VAN) → ACCURATE CLAIM FORM
PAR → SIGNATURE ON FILE
ELECTRONIC FLAT FILE FORMAT → SERIES OF FIXED LENGTH RECORDS SUBMITTED TO PAYERS TO BILL FOR HEALTHCARE SVCS
PATIENT LEDGER/PATIENT ACCOUNT RECORD → COMPLETE FINANCIAL RECORD OF INDIVIDUAL PATIENT