5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- CLEAN CLAIM
- ALLOWED CHARGES
- ENCOUNTER FORM/SUPERBILL
- a DOCUMENTED AS A LETTER, SIGNED BY PROVIDER EXPLAINING WHY A CLAIM SHOULD BE RECONSIDRERED
- b PROVIDES CENTRALIZED CLAIMS PROCESSING FOR PROVIDERS AND HEALTH PLAN
- c ACCURATE CLAIM FORM
- d FINANCIAL SOURCE DOCUMENT; RECORD OF TREATMENT AND CHARGES RENDERED TO PT. DURING CURRENT ENCOUNTER. USED IN PHYSICIANS OFFICE
- e the maximum amount the payer will reimburse for ecah procedure or service, according to the paitent's policy.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ESTABLISHED PATIENT
- Health Insurance Claim Form
- MEDICAL REPORT SUSTAINING A MEDICAL CONDITION
- The guideline that determines which of two parents with medical coverage has the primary insurance for a child; the parent whose day of birth is earlier in the calendar year is considered primary.
- PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING HEALTH CARE FEES
5 True/False questions
PRIMARY INSURANCE → The health plan that pays benefits first when a patient is covered by more than one plan.
LISTED ON CMS → PROFESSIONAL SVCS/TECHNICAL SVCS, MODIFIERS ADDED
SOF → PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
ACCEPT ASSIGNMENT → ESTABLISHED PATIENT
ASSIGNMENT OF BENEFITS → ESTABLISHED PATIENT