5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- PRIMARY INSURANCE
- ACCEPT ASSIGNMENT
- ELECTRONIC FLAT FILE FORMAT
- a The health plan that pays benefits first when a patient is covered by more than one plan.
- b SERIES OF FIXED LENGTH RECORDS SUBMITTED TO PAYERS TO BILL FOR HEALTHCARE SVCS
- c PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
- d The provider agrees to accept what the insurance company approves as payment in full for the claim.
- e SIGNATURE ON FILE
5 Multiple choice questions
- NON PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
- FINANCIAL SOURCE DOCUMENT; RECORD OF TREATMENT AND CHARGES RENDERED TO PT. DURING CURRENT ENCOUNTER. USED IN PHYSICIANS OFFICE
- CLEARINGHOUSE THAT INVOLVES VALUE ADDED VENDORS, SUCH AS BANKS, IN THE PROCESSING OF CLAIMS
- Health Insurance Claim Form
- The guideline that determines which of two parents with medical coverage has the primary insurance for a child; the parent whose day of birth is earlier in the calendar year is considered primary.
5 True/False questions
CLAIMS ATTATCHMENT → MEDICAL REPORT SUSTAINING A MEDICAL CONDITION
DAY SHEET → FINANCIAL RECORD FOR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT THAT DAY
PATIENT LEDGER/PATIENT ACCOUNT RECORD → ESTABLISHED PATIENT
UNBUNDLING → NON PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
GENDER RULE → The guideline that determines which of two parents with medical coverage has the primary insurance for a child; the parent whose day of birth is earlier in the calendar year is considered primary.