5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- VALUE ADDED NETWORK (VAN)
- PRIMARY INSURANCE
- ALLOWED CHARGES
- a HOSPITAL TERM FOR ENCOUNTER FORM
- b CLEARINGHOUSE THAT INVOLVES VALUE ADDED VENDORS, SUCH AS BANKS, IN THE PROCESSING OF CLAIMS
- c the maximum amount the payer will reimburse for ecah procedure or service, according to the paitent's policy.
- d The health plan that pays benefits first when a patient is covered by more than one plan.
- e SIGNATURE ON FILE
5 Multiple choice questions
- ACCURATE CLAIM FORM
- The provider agrees to accept what the insurance company approves as payment in full for the claim.
- EDI - COMPUTER TO COMPUTER EXCHANGE OF DATA BETW. PROVIDER AND PAYER
- SERIES OF FIXED LENGTH RECORDS SUBMITTED TO PAYERS TO BILL FOR HEALTHCARE SVCS
- Health Insurance Claim Form
5 True/False questions
GUARANTOR → PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING HEALTH CARE FEES
GENDER RULE → The guideline that determines which of two parents with medical coverage has the primary insurance for a child; the parent whose day of birth is earlier in the calendar year is considered primary.
REPEAT PATIENT → FINANCIAL RECORD FOR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT THAT DAY
NONPAR → NON PARTICIPATING PROVIDER
DAY SHEET → FINANCIAL RECORD FOR INDIVIDUAL PATIENT THAT DAY