Create an account
1).Northwest Airlines applied mathematical models to determine which customers in its database were currently responsible for most of its profitability and which customers were not currently profitable but had similar characteristics to the most profitable customers. Northwest Airlines utilized _____ to identify these customers.
2) Minute Maid sees research as the fundamental first step in any business decision, and it created proprietary methods for conducting research. At what level of the hierarchy of business decision makers does Minute Maid operate?
3) Which of the following questions is considered first when discussing a management dilemma?
What symptoms cause management concern?
4) The goal of ethics in research is to _____.
ensure that no one is harmed(or suffers adverse consequences from research activities
5) _____ occurs when the participants are told only part of the truth or when the truth is fully compromised.
6) The process of stating the basic dilemma and then developing other questions by progressively breaking down the original question into more specific ones is called the _____.
management-research question hierarchy
7) The fundamental weakness in the research process is _____.
incorrectly defining the research question
9) In the Southeast, the potato chip market share held by the Lays brand is 46%. This is an example of _____.
10) An increase in hours of television viewing leads to increases in the sales of snack foods. This is an example of a _____.
11) To be categorized as a customer, an individual must have a history of shopping at the establishment at least twice before the start of the study with expenditures of more than $10. This is an example of _____.
an operational definition
12) James is entering data on client gender. Because the values entered reflect male or female, this variable is _____.
13) Which variable in an experiment is the variable expected to be affected by the manipulation?
16) The use of a control group in experimentation _____.
serves as a comparison to asses the manipulation
18) Data originating from studies that are conducted by others and created for a purpose different from the purpose of the study for which the data are being reviewed are called _____ data
20) A _____ scale is a scale that scores an object or property without making a direct comparison to another object or property.
22) _____ is the extent to which a measurement tool actually measures what we wish to measure.
23) The list of elements in a population from which the sample is drawn is known as the _____.
a sampling frame
24) The process of ensuring the accuracy of data and their conversion from raw form into classified forms appropriate for analysis is called _____.
25) _____ involves assigning numbers or other symbols to answers so that the responses can be grouped into a limited number of categories
28) The measure of deviation from the mean such that cases stretch toward one tail or the other is called _____.
29) Which of the research questions/hypotheses below is best answered using cross-tabulations?
What percentage of men and women prefer Brand A over Brand B?
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together