5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a theatron?
- What is Euripedes known for?
- What were limitations of greek theater?
- What is Thespis know for?
- What is sophocles know for?
- a Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- b Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.
- c where the audience sat
- d no violence on stage, no lighting, always outdoors, no curtains, no intermissions, off scene info relayed by messenger, continuous presence of chorus on sage, simple plots, action took place in a single day, and one scene plays.
- e Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 406 BC
- altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop
- 496 BC
5 True/False questions
What is a skene? → wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
By what method is Antigone sentenced to death? → Polyneices
what is the parados? → chorus marching in from the left or right
What is the orchestra? → circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
Who were the two main characters in Antigone? → Creon and Antigone