5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who did Sophocles beat in a dramatic competition?
- Who was Antigone planning to marry?
- What is a skene?
- Who does Antigone attempt to bury?
- Who was the Greek god of theater?
- a Polyneices
- b wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
- c Dionysus
- d Aeschylus
- e Haemon
5 Multiple choice questions
- 406 BC
- Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.
- 496 BC
- altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop
5 True/False questions
How does Antigone end up dying? → Polyneices
Who warns creon that the gods side with Antigone? → Creon and Antigone
By what method is Antigone sentenced to death? → Getting trapped in a cave
What is the orchestra? → circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
What is a theatron? → where the audience sat