5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was the Greek god of theater?
- what is the parados?
- What is Aeschylus known for?
- What was the Proscenium?
- What is sophocles know for?
- a Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.
- b HIs bald head, adding a second actor, and creation of trilogies in which each episode related to the same theme.
- c chorus marching in from the left or right
- d Dionysus
- e level area in front of the skene on
which most of the plays action took place
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
- She hangs herself
- Creon and Antigone
- 406 BC
5 True/False questions
What were the functions of the chorus? → sets overall mood and expresses theme, Adds beauty (theatrical effectiveness) through song and dance, Gives background information, Divides action - breaks play into scenes, Usually fifteen members, Adds color, movement, spectacle, Offers reflections on events
What were limitations of greek theater? → no violence on stage, no lighting, always outdoors, no curtains, no intermissions, off scene info relayed by messenger, continuous presence of chorus on sage, simple plots, action took place in a single day, and one scene plays.
By what method is Antigone sentenced to death? → Polyneices
When was Sophocles born → 496 BC
What is Thespis know for? → Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.