5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what is the parados?
- Who did Sophocles beat in a dramatic competition?
- What is Thespis know for?
- What is Aeschylus known for?
- Who was the Greek god of theater?
- a Aeschylus
- b chorus marching in from the left or right
- c Dionysus
- d Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- e HIs bald head, adding a second actor, and creation of trilogies in which each episode related to the same theme.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
- 496 BC
- Getting trapped in a cave
5 True/False questions
What is a skene? → where the audience sat
Who does Antigone attempt to bury? → Haemon
What were the functions of the chorus? → sets overall mood and expresses theme, Adds beauty (theatrical effectiveness) through song and dance, Gives background information, Divides action - breaks play into scenes, Usually fifteen members, Adds color, movement, spectacle, Offers reflections on events
What is the orchestra? → circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
Who does Creon honor after the battle? → Polyneices