5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who does Creon honor after the battle?
- What were the six parts of a Greek Tragedy?
- what is the parados?
- What is Thespis know for?
- When was Sophocles born
- a Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
- b Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- c chorus marching in from the left or right
- d 496 BC
- e Eteocles
5 Multiple choice questions
- Creon and Antigone
- wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
- Getting trapped in a cave
- where the audience sat
5 True/False questions
What were limitations of greek theater? → Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
How does Antigone end up dying? → Polyneices
Who did Sophocles beat in a dramatic competition? → Aeschylus
What is the orchestra? → circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
Who warns creon that the gods side with Antigone? → teiresias