5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the Proscenium?
- What is Thespis know for?
- What was the Thymele?
- Who did Sophocles beat in a dramatic competition?
- What is a theatron?
- a level area in front of the skene on
which most of the plays action took place
- b where the audience sat
- c Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
- d altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop
- e Aeschylus
5 Multiple choice questions
- no violence on stage, no lighting, always outdoors, no curtains, no intermissions, off scene info relayed by messenger, continuous presence of chorus on sage, simple plots, action took place in a single day, and one scene plays.
- Getting trapped in a cave
- Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
5 True/False questions
what is the parados? → where the audience sat
When did Sophocles die? → 406 BC
Who was Antigone planning to marry? → Haemon
What is the orchestra? → circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
What were the six parts of a Greek Tragedy? → Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos