5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- By what method is Antigone sentenced to death?
- What is sophocles know for?
- What was the Thymele?
- What were the six parts of a Greek Tragedy?
- Who warns creon that the gods side with Antigone?
- a altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop
- b Adding a third actor, fixing number of chorus to fifteen, introducing painted scenery, making each play of a trilogy seperate in nature, and making stories about human-human relationship rather than human-god relationships.
- c Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
- d Getting trapped in a cave
- e teiresias
5 Multiple choice questions
- She hangs herself
- 406 BC
- wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
5 True/False questions
What were limitations of greek theater? → Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
What is the orchestra? → circular dancing place of the chorus; where performance is held
What were the functions of the chorus? → sets overall mood and expresses theme, Adds beauty (theatrical effectiveness) through song and dance, Gives background information, Divides action - breaks play into scenes, Usually fifteen members, Adds color, movement, spectacle, Offers reflections on events
Who did Sophocles beat in a dramatic competition? → 406 BC
What is Euripedes known for? → Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks