5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who did Sophocles beat in a dramatic competition?
- What were the six parts of a Greek Tragedy?
- Who does Antigone attempt to bury?
- What is Euripedes known for?
- By what method is Antigone sentenced to death?
- a Prologue, Parados, 1st-4th episodes, choral odes, and exodos
- b Polyneices
- c Reduced participation of chorus, including ordinary people as characters in plays, realities of war, criticizing of religion, exuberance, tough decisions, and the sudden appearance of a god.
- d Aeschylus
- e Getting trapped in a cave
5 Multiple choice questions
- altar to Dionysus on which sacrifices were made, and which was sometimes used as a stage prop
- where the audience sat
- no violence on stage, no lighting, always outdoors, no curtains, no intermissions, off scene info relayed by messenger, continuous presence of chorus on sage, simple plots, action took place in a single day, and one scene plays.
- HIs bald head, adding a second actor, and creation of trilogies in which each episode related to the same theme.
- chorus marching in from the left or right
5 True/False questions
Who does Creon honor after the battle? → Eteocles
What is a skene? → wooden building with three doors through which actors made their entrances and exits
When did Sophocles die? → 496 BC
What is sophocles know for? → Creating the first actor/protagonist and dialogue. Also invented theatrical masks
How does Antigone end up dying? → She hangs herself