5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In which of the following pairs is the geographical subdivision NOT correctly matched with one of its colonies?
- Salutary Neglect
- 1929 Stock Market Crash
- Social Reciprocity
- Interstate Commerce Act
- a Parliament took minor actions in the colonies,allowing them to experiment with and become accustomed to self-government, international trade agreements
- b society naturally punishes criminals indiscriminantly
- c Took place on October 29th, 1929. New York Stock Exchange. Caused by a near un-regulated market. Due to speculation. Sparked Great Depression in America which spread to the U.S.
- d Chesapeake--New York
- e Established the ICC (Interstate Commerce Commission) - monitors the business operation of carriers transporting goods and people between states - created to regulate railroad prices
5 Multiple choice questions
- an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security
- Mayflower Compact
- an American foreign policy opposing interference in the Western hemisphere from outside powers
- application of the colony's laws to those in possession of saving grace
- Massachusetts Bay faced difficulties in creating the perfect society in America.
5 True/False questions
Bill Gates → founder of modern communism
Horizontal Integration → Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
Olive Branch Petition → United States statesman and leader of the Federalists
Bay of Pigs → An unsuccessful invasion of Cuba in 1961, which was sponsored by the United States. Its purpose was to overthrow Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.
Jonathan Edwards → America's first Vice-President and second President. Sponsor of the American Revolution in Massachusetts, and wrote the Massachusetts guarantee that freedom of press "ought not to be restrained."