5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Forced busing
- In colonizing North America, the English monarchs
- Knights of Labor
- James Buchanan
- a the 15th President of the United States (1857-1861). He tried to maintain a balance between proslavery and antislavery factions, but his moderate views angered radicals in both North and South, and he was unable to forestall the secession of South Carolina on December 20, 1860.
- b Had a tremendous influence on what people in the US considered to be normal, especially during the 1950s
- c due to parents unhappy with encouraged segregation of schools, Supreme Court instituted forced busing policies (using school buses as a method of integration)
- d 1st effort to create National union. Open to everyone but lawyers and bankers. Vague program, no clear goals, weak leadership and organization. Failed
- e followed no central plan and granted charters and proprietorships for a variety of reasons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- application of the colony's laws to those in possession of saving grace
- right to a speedy and public trial. right to a fair jury. right to know what you are being accused of. right to see/hear witnesses against you. right to have a witness to help defend you. right to a lawyer.
- United States prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942)
- The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
- at first diverse in agriculture and then became dependent on rice as a staple.
5 True/False questions
Kansas-Nebraska Act → territory split into Kansas and Nebraska, popular sovereignty (Kansas slave, Nebraska free); proposed byStephen A. Douglas
Jackie Robinson → first African American to play in Major League Baseball
hip hop movement → ral movement that attained widespread popularity in the 1980s and '90s; also, the backing music for rap, the musical style incorporating rhythmic and/or rhyming speech that became the movement's most lasting and influential art form. symbolized racial tensions and the typical urban gangster, but also provided an escape from the hardships of urban life.
9th Amemdment → The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people
The government of the Carolinas → was conceived by the Earl of Shaftesbury with help from John Locke.