5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1960
- Social Gospel movement
- Zimmerman Note
- George Whitefield
- Lyndon Johnson
- a the US president who privately wanted to stay out of Vietnam but sent soldiers because his goal was to stop the spread of communism
- b powerful speaker, toured the country andinspired many into Christianity
- c a movement emphasizing the application of Christian principles to social problems
- d commission on civil rights to attempt to guarantee the ballot to blacks; showed government's changing views of race relations. Lacked effective enforcement
- e Message proposing an alliance between Germany and Mexico. Intercepted by the US
5 Multiple choice questions
- This was an attempt to have no more slaves to be brought to Missouri and provided the gradual emancipation of the children of slaves. In the mind of the South, this was a threat to the sectional balance between North and South.
- Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures
- ral movement that attained widespread popularity in the 1980s and '90s; also, the backing music for rap, the musical style incorporating rhythmic and/or rhyming speech that became the movement's most lasting and influential art form. symbolized racial tensions and the typical urban gangster, but also provided an escape from the hardships of urban life.
- 1st effort to create National union. Open to everyone but lawyers and bankers. Vague program, no clear goals, weak leadership and organization. Failed
- A period in the 1920s when African-American achievements in art and music and literature flourished.
5 True/False questions
Tariff of Abominations → The Good Times that followed WWII for America.
When he sailed from Spain in 1492, Columbus intended to find → a new route to the Orient
Invading Europeans found Native American cultures that were remarkably → varied
New Lights vs. Old Lights → Orville Wright credited with the design and construction of the first practical airplane. They made the first controllable, powered heavier-than-air flight along with many other aviation milestones, also showing the beginning of the individual progressive spirit.
Chinese Exclusion Act(1882) → a 1935 law passed during the Great Depression that was intended to provide a minimal level of sustenance to older Americans and thus save them from poverty.