5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Frank Lloyd Wright
- Lost Generation
- 16th Amendment
- 24th Amendment
- George Whitefield
- a Considered America's greatest architect. Pioneered the concept that a building should blend into and harmonize with its surroundings rather than following classical designs.
- b Amendment to the United States Constitution (1913) gave Congress the power to tax income.
- c Group of writers in 1920s who shared the belief that they were lost in a greedy, materialistic world that lacked moral values and often choose to flee to Europe
- d powerful speaker, toured the country andinspired many into Christianity
- e Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1964) eliminated the poll tax as a prerequisite to vote in national elections.
5 Multiple choice questions
- man who takes control of Jamestown "he who will not work will not eat"
- Allied leaders Truman, Stalin and Churchill met in Germany to set up zones of control and to inform the Japanese that if they refused to surrender at once, they would face total destruction.
- American writer who wrote textbooks to help the advancement of education. He also wrote a dictionary which helped standardize the American language.
- runaway slave, well-known speaker on thecondition of slavery, worked with Garrison and Wendell Phillips,founder of The North Star
- Brown aimed to create an armed slaverebellion and establish black free state; Brown executed and became martyr in the North
5 True/False questions
Bill Gates → United States computer entrepreneur whose software company made him the youngest multi-billionaire in the history of the United States
Marshall Plan → A plan that the US came up with to revive war-torn economies of Europe. This plan offered $13 billion in aid to western and Southern Europe.
The seventeenth-century English colonies → had few common traits other than their loyalty to the monarch.
Dawes Plan → The American plan to loan money to Germany, who would pay their reparations to France and Britain, who would pay back their debt to America, which created a win-win for everyone, and made they people happy and thought that peace was possible
Alexander Hamilton → United States statesman and leader of the Federalists