5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 17th Amendment
- Suffolk Resolves
- William Clark
- Edward Bellamy
- a organize militia, end trade with Britain,refuse to pay taxes to Britain
- b Passed in 1913, this amendment to the Constitution calls for the direct election of senators by the voters instead of their election by state legislatures.
- c state-run economy to provide conflict-free society
- d United States explorer who (with Meriwether Lewis) led an expedition from St. Louis to the mouth of the Columbia River
- e believed in anti-materalism, free use of drugs, they had a casual attitude toward sex and anti-conformity, (1960s) practiced free love and took drugs, flocked to San Francisco- low rent/interracial, they lived in communal "crash pads", smoked marijuana and took LSD, sexual revolution, new counter culture, Protestors who influenced US involvement in Vietnam
5 Multiple choice questions
- First federal action against monopolies, it was signed into law by Harrison and was extensively used by Theodore Roosevelt for trust-busting. However, it was initially misused against labor unions
- Right to a trial by jury in civil cases
- In 1775 George Washington ordered him, the nation's first secreatry of war, to bring the British artillery back to the siege of Boston that was captured at Fort Ticonderoga.
- Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1964) eliminated the poll tax as a prerequisite to vote in national elections.
- scarcity of women
5 True/False questions
Laissez-Faire economics → A newscaster who was known for his objectivity and trustworthiness, who said that the war in Vietnam would end in stalemate.
Lyndon Johnson → Strict constructionist, 4th president, father of the Constitution, leads nation through War of 1812
Brigham Young → President after Johnson, withdrew troops from Vietnam, was President when first man landed on the Moon, helped North and South Vietnam sign a peace treaty, visited China to improve relations, resigned due to Watergate
who was john smith? → man who takes control of Jamestown "he who will not work will not eat"
Sandra Day O'Connor → In 1775 George Washington ordered him, the nation's first secreatry of war, to bring the British artillery back to the siege of Boston that was captured at Fort Ticonderoga.