5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Great Society
- Ben Bernanke
- 24th Amendment
- Lost Generation
- a Group of writers in 1920s who shared the belief that they were lost in a greedy, materialistic world that lacked moral values and often choose to flee to Europe
- b European government policies of the sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth centuries designed to promote overseas trade between a country and its colonies and accumulate precious metals by requiring colonies to trade only with their motherland country
- c chairman of the Federal Reserve System. Replaced Alan Greenspan in 2006.
- d Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1964) eliminated the poll tax as a prerequisite to vote in national elections.
- e President Johnson's program to reduce poverty and racial injustice and to promote a better quality of life in the US
5 Multiple choice questions
- United States computer entrepreneur whose software company made him the youngest multi-billionaire in the history of the United States
- idealized view of women & home; women, self-less caregiver for children, refuge for husbands
- Delagates from all colonies except georgia met to discuss problems with britain and to promote independence
- A political boss who carried corruption to new extremes, and cheated the city out of more than $100 million
- no taxation without representation,"introduced by Patrick Henry
5 True/False questions
The driving force of New England's economy in the early eighteenth century was → scarcity of women
2nd Amendment → Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Operation Desert Storm → A 1913 law that set up a system of federal banks and gave government the power to control the money supply
The people of Poverty Point → organized and controlled resistance againstParliamentary acts in less violent ways (strength of martyrdom),advocated nonimportation
Peace Corps → helped lead settlement house movement, co-founded NAACP, condemned war and poverty