5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Beatles
- 16th Amendment
- 26th Amendment
- 8th Amendment
- Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
- a Lowered the voting age from 21 to 18. Ratified in 1971.
- b Amendment to the United States Constitution (1913) gave Congress the power to tax income.
- c a British band that had an enormous influence on popular music in the 1960s
- d 1964 Congressional resolution authorizing President Johnson to take military action in Vietnam
- e Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
5 Multiple choice questions
- all adult male members of a Congregational Church.
- a massive surprise attack by the Vietcong on South Vietnamese towns and cities in early 1968.
- United States prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942)
- protest in 1955-1956 by African Americans against racial segregation in bus system of Montgomery, Alabama.
- 43rd president of the US who began a campaign toward energy self-sufficiency and against terrorism in 2001
5 True/False questions
Northwest Passage → America's first Vice-President and second President. Sponsor of the American Revolution in Massachusetts, and wrote the Massachusetts guarantee that freedom of press "ought not to be restrained."
Thomas Jefferson → Revolutionary leader who wrote the pamphlet Common Sense (1776) arguing for American independence from Britain. In England he published The Rights of Man
Midnight Judges → believed in anti-materalism, free use of drugs, they had a casual attitude toward sex and anti-conformity, (1960s) practiced free love and took drugs, flocked to San Francisco- low rent/interracial, they lived in communal "crash pads", smoked marijuana and took LSD, sexual revolution, new counter culture, Protestors who influenced US involvement in Vietnam
Gerald Ford → 1974-1977, Republican, first non elected president and VP, he pardoned Nixon
New Federalism → chairman of the Federal Reserve System. Replaced Alan Greenspan in 2006.