5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- An acre planted in corn provided enough food for approximately
- Proclamation of 1763
- England was slow to colonize in the New World in the sixteenth century because
- In Massachusetts, the electorate consisted of
- Jane Addams
- a all adult male members of a Congregational Church.
- b it was torn by domestic political and religious differences
- c prohibited settlements west of Appalachian, restriction on colonial growth
- d 200 people
- e helped lead settlement house movement, co-founded NAACP, condemned war and poverty
5 Multiple choice questions
- She was a laywer and later Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. She was the first woman to be a justice on the Supreme Court.
- two periods of time, in the 1920s and 1950s, in which Americans feared the growth of communism. These suspicions led to tests of the civil liberties of people under the Constitution.
- Revolutionary leader who wrote the pamphlet Common Sense (1776) arguing for American independence from Britain. In England he published The Rights of Man
- Progressive president that believed government should be more involved in business. He was known as a trustbuster because he broke-up the monopolies.
- Bacon's Rebellion
5 True/False questions
Tariff of Abominations → The Good Times that followed WWII for America.
Gay nineties → name for the decade of the 1890's, an especially excited time in American history
6th Amendment → Freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures
Sputnik → The world's first space satellite. This meant the Soviet Union had a missile powerful enough to reach the US.
Affirmative Action → It pledged the withdrawal of greenbacks from circulation and the redemption of all paper money in gold