5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Frank Sinatra
- Committees of Correspondence
- Steve Jobs
- Yalta Conference (1945)
- 1929 Stock Market Crash
- a founder of Apple computers. (1976) started in a garage and in 10 years apple grew into a company of 4000 people. he got fired in 1985 and then he made Pixar Animations and got rehired into apple as CEO.
- b Took place on October 29th, 1929. New York Stock Exchange. Caused by a near un-regulated market. Due to speculation. Sparked Great Depression in America which spread to the U.S.
- c established world organization; Soviet Union pledged to allow democratic procedures in Eastern Europe; pledge broken, led to cold war
- d First to use his voice like an instrument. Teen idol of the 1940s. Nicknamed the King of Swoon
- e committees appointed fromdifferent colonies to communicate on matters; asserted rights to self-government, cooperation between colonies
5 Multiple choice questions
- talk show host, philanthropist, media mogul, richest African American of the 20th century,
- In 1863 this law was passed that exempted an owner or overseer of twenty or more slaves from service at war
- most people were illiterate
- the U.S. supreme Court ruled that there is a fundamental right ro privacy, which includes a woman's decision to have an abortion. Up until the third trimester the state allows abortion.
- Virginian, patriot, general, and president. Lived at Mount Vernon. Led the Revolutionary Army in the fight for independence. First President of the United States.
5 True/False questions
Great Society → Confederate general who had opposed secession but did not believe the Union should be held together by force
26th Amendment → reduce the amount of time between the election of the President and Congress and the beginning of their terms.
Herbert Hoover → Jane Addams's pioneer settlement house (center for women's activism and social reform) in Chicago
Social Gospel movement → a movement emphasizing the application of Christian principles to social problems
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People → all adult male members of a Congregational Church.