5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- As compared to the Chesapeake colonies, New England had
- James Monroe
- The people of Poverty Point
- Slavery in England's North American colonies was first used on a large scale
- New Federalism
- a late in the seventeenth century when the demand for labor increased
- b 5th President of the U.S. 1817-1825 acquired Florida from Spain; declared Monroe Doctrine to keep foreign powers out.
- c system in which the national government restores greater authority back to the states
- d built an enormous and complex system of mound
- e a balanced gender ratio
5 Multiple choice questions
- The world's first space satellite. This meant the Soviet Union had a missile powerful enough to reach the US.
- Ended Reconstruction. Republicans promise 1) Remove military from South, 2) Appoint Democrat to cabinet (David Key postmaster general), 3) Federal money for railroad construction and levees on Mississippi river
- 43rd president of the US who began a campaign toward energy self-sufficiency and against terrorism in 2001
- NAFTA an alliance that merges canada, mexico and the united states into a single market
- a member of a former political party in the United States that favored a strong centralized federal government
5 True/False questions
Resumption Act → It pledged the withdrawal of greenbacks from circulation and the redemption of all paper money in gold
Eventually, the London Company encouraged immigrants to come to Jamestown by offering them an opportunity to → own their own land
18th Amendment → Prohibited the manufacture, sale, and distribution of alcoholic beverages
Fair Deal → founder of modern communism
Knights of Labor → The tragic journey of the cherokee people from their home land to indian territory between 1838 and 1839, thousands of cherokees died.