5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Social Reciprocity
- Silent Majority
- Richard Hakluyt's "Discourse on Western Planting" was
- What were the five civilized tribes?
- Second New Deal
- a an essay promoting and justifying English colonization
- b society naturally punishes criminals indiscriminantly
- c Cherokees, Choctaws, Creeks,Chickasaws, and Seminoles
- d that group of quiet honest hard-working middle class Americans who do their job, respect their country and support gov.; Nixon wants their votes in 1968 and 1972
- e a new set of programs in the spring of 1935 including additional banking reforms, new tax laws, new relief programs; also known as the Second Hundred Days.
5 Multiple choice questions
- hey had diets high in fat and carbohydrates.
- established colony of Georgia as a place for honest debtors
- a lush grassland populated by large animals
- A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
- A name for President Monroe's two terms, a period of strong nationalism, economic growth, and territorial expansion. Since the Federalist party dissolved after the War of 1812, there was only one political party and no partisan conflicts.
5 True/False questions
Abraham Lincoln → First to use his voice like an instrument. Teen idol of the 1940s. Nicknamed the King of Swoon
Laissez-Faire economics → system in which the national government restores greater authority back to the states
12th Amendment → Prohibits citizens of one state or foreign country from suing another state.
Jane Addams → helped lead settlement house movement, co-founded NAACP, condemned war and poverty
Marilyn Monroe → Female icon of the 1950s and 60s, she could sing, dance, act, and was the most infamous Playboy Bunny. Symbolized the newly borken boundaries of sexualism