5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Committees of Correspondence
- Charles Lindbergh
- 24th Amendment
- Know-Nothing (American) Party
- George W. Bush
- a United States aviator who in 1927 made the first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean.
- b 43rd president of the US who began a campaign toward energy self-sufficiency and against terrorism in 2001
- c Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (1964) eliminated the poll tax as a prerequisite to vote in national elections.
- d opposed to all immigration,strongly anti-Catholic
- e committees appointed fromdifferent colonies to communicate on matters; asserted rights to self-government, cooperation between colonies
5 Multiple choice questions
- republican, former director of CIA, oil company founder/owner, foreign policy (panama, gulf war), raised taxes eventhough said he wouldnt, more centrist than his son, NAFTA negotiation
- It pledged the withdrawal of greenbacks from circulation and the redemption of all paper money in gold
- a British band that had an enormous influence on popular music in the 1960s
- Also known as Babe Ruth, he became a celebrity with his record of hitting 60 home runs in one season lasted for more than 30 years
- 27th president of the U.S.; he angered progressives by moving cautiously toward reforms and by supporting the Payne-Aldrich Tariff; he lost Roosevelt's support and was defeated for a second term.
5 True/False questions
Robert E. Lee → Confederate general who had opposed secession but did not believe the Union should be held together by force
n the early days of the Virginia colony, the settlers → preferred searching for gold to farming or guarding the settlement.
Andrew Mellon → Secretary of Treasury under President Harding, Coolidge and Hoover, who instituted a Republican policy of reduced government spending, lower taxes to the wealthy and higher tariffs
Marshall Plan → A plan that the US came up with to revive war-torn economies of Europe. This plan offered $13 billion in aid to western and Southern Europe.
Anaconda plan → Mexican revolutionary leader (1877-1923) Did many good things, but killed a lot of people. Wanted to take money from the rich and give it to the poor.