5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- First continental Congress
- Mark Twain
- Virginia Plan
- Walt Disney
- a bicameral congressional representation based on population
- b Film maker, cartoonist, visionary. He developed many famous characters as well as amusement theme parks.
- c United States writer and humorist best known for his novels about Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn (1835-1910). Master of satire
- d founded by Emerson, strong emphasis onspiritual unity (God, humanity, and nature), literature with strongreferences to nature
- e Delagates from all colonies except georgia met to discuss problems with britain and to promote independence
5 Multiple choice questions
- The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people
- a water route between the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans along the northern coast of North America
- mistreated the native people they encountered
- tax on tea; made the east india company the only tea company allowed to colonists; reason for Tea Party (1773)
- citizens cannot be denied the right to vote because of race, color , or precious condition of servitude
5 True/False questions
John Peter Zenger was charged with → Established the ICC (Interstate Commerce Commission) - monitors the business operation of carriers transporting goods and people between states - created to regulate railroad prices
Virginia Resolves → no taxation without representation,"introduced by Patrick Henry
Kansas-Nebraska Act → territory split into Kansas and Nebraska, popular sovereignty (Kansas slave, Nebraska free); proposed byStephen A. Douglas
Sputnik → The world's first space satellite. This meant the Soviet Union had a missile powerful enough to reach the US.
Townshend Acts → founder of Apple computers. (1976) started in a garage and in 10 years apple grew into a company of 4000 people. he got fired in 1985 and then he made Pixar Animations and got rehired into apple as CEO.