5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 13th Amendment
- The government of the Carolinas
- The most important effect of corn planting on North America was
- Populist Party
- Wright Brothers
- a Orville Wright credited with the design and construction of the first practical airplane. They made the first controllable, powered heavier-than-air flight along with many other aviation milestones, also showing the beginning of the individual progressive spirit.
- b was conceived by the Earl of Shaftesbury with help from John Locke.
- c t allowed the transformation from hunting-gathering to farming societies.
- d This amendment freed all slaves without compensation to the slaveowners. It legally forbade slavery in the United States.
- e U.S. political party formed in 1892 representing mainly farmers, favoring free coinage of silver and government control of railroads and other monopolies
5 Multiple choice questions
- Delagates from all colonies except georgia met to discuss problems with britain and to promote independence
- Theory based on the principles of John Maynard Keynes, stating that government spending should increase during business slumps and be curbed during booms.
- Right to a trial by jury in civil cases
- Republican candidate who assumed the presidency in March 1929 promising the American people prosperity and attempted to first deal with the Depression by trying to restore public faith in the community.
- runaway slave, well-known speaker on thecondition of slavery, worked with Garrison and Wendell Phillips,founder of The North Star
5 True/False questions
Pilgrims, or Separatists, left the Anglican Church because they → felt that it was still influenced too much by Catholic elements.
Slavery in England's North American colonies was first used on a large scale → an essay promoting and justifying English colonization
Open Door Policy → a member of a former political party in the United States that favored a strong centralized federal government
George Herman Ruth → worked to reform the American education system,abolitionist, prison/asylum reform with Dorothea Dix
Peace Corps → 1974-1977, Republican, first non elected president and VP, he pardoned Nixon