Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (19)
- Integrated support for all departments within entire health organizations
- Identification of patients or records uniquely
- Automated functions in the financial, clinical and administrative areas
- Improved patient care
- Facilitation for reimbursement of services rendered
- Easier access to clinical and administrative data
- Timesaving automation of tasks that would otherwise require staff time and attention
All of these are provided through what?
- Supporting installed technologies
- Providing safe and secure information network(s)
- Partnering with customers to select, implement and integrate systems that address business needs and optimize the use of available funds
- Providing appropriate education for the use of hardware and software systems
-Integrating data and processes to provide value-added information
-Advising, monitoring and ensuring data integrity through analysis and support
These are all something that you would find in the IS Department of what type of organization?
We use automated systems and processes in how many steps of the revenue cycle as Access Representatives?
One instance in which automation can be a hindrance for Access employees is when it comes to ensuring patient identity and securing important patient information. This is called what?
When there is partial or complete unavailability of automated systems at a particular time?
What are the two types of downtime?
Scheduled and unscheduled downtime
Downtime that occurs on a predictable basis?
When one or more systems fail to function, often negatively impacting other interfaced
Period of time after downtime where IT and Access must use back-up systems to restore data to pre-downtime status?
catch-up or recovery period
Computer systems are comprised of what?
hardware and software
This includes keyboards, monitors, central processing units (CPU), servers, printers,
cables and cords, credit card machines, kiosks, ten key pad, web cameras, tablets,
interpreter system, etc?
This includes systems programs that make the computers run (operating systems such
as Windows and DOS), application programs (registration program, QA, eligibility, address
verification, medical necessity) and interfaces?
What are two ways in which data is transmitted?
interfaces and batch processing
When many transactions are stored and sent on a prescheduled or demand basis?
When software takes data from one system and sends it to another, frequently reformatting it to be acceptable to the system?
A data collection application which includes billing, reimbursement, etc?
financial managements systems
A data collection application that includes labs, radiology, nursing, etc?
patient care systems
A data collection application that includes decision support, quality review, etc?
_____________ is an essential part of Access Services because errors made in registration and admissions are
transmitted to all these other systems and can impact patient care as well as the financial health of the
You might also like...
HIM 230 Ch. 15
Chapter 2 Information Systems Theory and Systems D…
MIS: Chapter 7: Transaction Processing & Enterpris…
Chapter 16- EHR
Other sets by this creator
Patient Check-in, Admission, Registration