Terms in this set (18)
A part of a circle that is defined by two endpoints.
1. It is the center point of the circle. 2. A "circle" is the locus of all points in a plane equidistant from a given point called the "center" of the circle.
An angle that intersects a circle in two points and has its vertex at the center of the circle.
1. For a given circle, a segment with endpoints that are on the circle. 2. For a given sphere, a segment with endpoints that are on the sphere.
The locus of all points in a plane equidistant from a given point called the "center" of the circle.
The distance around the circle.
A circle is circumscribed about a polygon if the circle contains all the vertices of the polygon.
1. In a circle, a chord that passes through the center of the circle. 2. In a sphere, a segment that contains the center of the sphere, and has endpoints that are on the sphere.
A polygon is inscribed in a circle if each of its vertices lie on the circle.
An angle intercepts an arc if and only if each of the following conditions are met. 1. The endpoints of the arc lie on the angle. 2. All points of the arc except the endpoints are in the interior of the circle. 3. Each side of the angle contains an endpoint of the arc.
An arc with a measure greater than 180. ACB (there is suppose to be a long parentheses over it) is a major arc.
An arc with a measure less than 180. AB(short parentheses over it) is a minor arc.
An irrational number represented by the ratio of the circumference of a circle to the diameter of the circle.
point of tangency
For a line that intersects a circle in only one point, the point at which they intersect.
1. In a circle, any segment with endpoints that are the center of the circle and a point on the circle. 2. In a sphere, any segment with endpoints that are the center and a point on the sphere.
Any line that intersects a circle in exactly two points.
An arc that measures 180.
1. For an acute angle of a right triangle, the ratio of the measure of the leg opposite the acute angle to the measure of the leg adjacent to the acute angle. 2. A line in the plane of the circle that intersects the circle in exactly one point. The point of intersection is called the "point of tangency". 3. A line that intersects a sphere in exactly one point.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Geometry Chapter 10 Vocab
Glencoe Geometry Chapter 10 Vocabulary
Geometry chapter 10 vocab
GEOMETRY CH 10 VOC
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
unit 5 vocab
unit 6 vocab
Expresate-Ch. 6.1 Vocabulary