5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How do sedge fruits and coconut palm fruits transport their seeds?
- a Through water
- b Organisms in which the mouth develops before the anus. Examples: Arthropods, Mollusks
- c vascular tissue that carries water upward from the roots to every part of a plant
- d secreted by fat cells; signals brain to increase metabolism and decrease hunger
- e fluid portion of blood
5 Multiple choice questions
- projections that increase the cell's surface area
- blood cells containing hemoglobin that carry oxygen through the bloodstream
- The sibling taxon of animals and fungi. Is a model for the origin of animals
- a liquid secreted by glands in the stomach
- Dry fruits that split at maturity. Legume and milkweed
5 True/False questions
Diaphragm → A muscular partition separating the abdominal and thoracic cavities
Right Side Brain → A fruit derived from an inflorescence, a group of flowers tightly clustered together. Figs and pineapples
Pericardium → radially symmetrical animals having saclike bodies with only one opening and tentacles with stinging structures
Brachiocephalic Artery → The first major branch off of the aorta and the major artery to the forelimbs and head.
Monophyletic → Pertaining to a taxon derived from a single ancestral species that gave rise to no species in any other taxa.