5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a any of various proteins secreted by cells of the immune system that serve to regulate the immune system
- b A type of fruit having a single seed enclosed in a hard layer and that is covered with soft, often juicy flesh, as in cherries and peaches.
- c the structure within the muscle fibers that shorten to cause skeletal muscle fiber contraction.
- d flower structure in which haploid male gametophytes are produced
- e widening of the blood vessels that allows for increased blood flow
5 Multiple choice questions
- the openings connecting the nasal cavity to the outside. air passes through these openings during respiration
- Organ that removes urea, excess water, and other waste products from the blood and passes them to the ureter
- The female reproductive organ of a flower, consisting of the stigma, style, and ovary.
- outermost circle of flower parts that encloses a bud before it opens and protects the flower while it is developing
- Skirtlike extension of the body mass that drapes back upon itself
5 True/False questions
Translocation → the movement of water, mineral salts, and organic substances from one part of the plant to another
Ghrelin → Small projections on the walls of the small intestines that increase surface area
Conifer → a fleshy fruit having seed chambers and an outer fleshy part. Apple and pears
dendrite → the bushy, branching extensions of a neuron that receive messages and conduct impulses toward the cell body.
Gonad → female or male reproductive organ that produces sex cells and hormones; ovary or testis