5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pollen Grain
- Bowman's Capsule
- a a sweet liquid produced by many flowering plants. used to attract pollinators
- b structure consisting of a few haploid cells surrounded by a thick protective wall that contains a male gametophyte of a seed plant
- c A network of capillaries encased in a membrane in the kidney for the purpose of filtration
- d circular ring of muscle that constricts a passage or closes a natural opening
- e a biological process by which an animal physically develops after birth or hatching, involving a conspicuous and relatively abrupt change in the animal's form or structure through cell growth and differentiation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Getting eaten and moved by animals
- Organ that removes urea, excess water, and other waste products from the blood and passes them to the ureter
- a hormone secreted by an empty stomach that sends signals to the brain when a person is hungry.
- The largest artery in the body; it conducts freshly oxygenated blood from the heart to the tissues.
5 True/False questions
red algae → most of the world's seaweeds. contain chlorophyll and red pigment. live in tropical waters. multicellular. grow less than 1 meter in length. can grow 260 m below the surface.
Cephalization → Concentration of sensory receptors at the anterior end of an animal. Evolved into a distinct head and a brain.
downy mildew → Needle-bearing tree that produce seeds in cones
Countercurrent flow → Flow of two fluids in opposing directions. Pivotal to respiration in animals with gills
Excretion → tube leading from the urinary bladder to the outside of the body