Upgrade to remove ads
Test 5-Set 2
Terms in this set (26)
1. In works like Broadway Boogie Woogie, Mondrian explored
b. the possibility of conveying vertical and horizontal motion with flat, colorful shapes.
2. Who explained his theory of Suprematism in The Non-objective World?
3. Whose Nude Descending a Staircase, No. 2 was the most controversial work at the Armory Show of 1913?
4. Which sculptor's Mademoiselle Pogany exhibits his interest in depicting the Platonic essence of nature?
7. Futurism exhibited all the following characteristics EXCEPT
a. an attempt to appeal to a broad audience.
8. In works like The City, Léger adopted elements of Analytic Cubism and added what new element?
d. colorful and recognizable shapes
9. As an attempt to depict the psychological reality of its subject, Picasso's Girl before a Mirror exemplifies which style?
10. The first Cubist sculpture was the bronze Head of a Woman by
11. In which country did Futurism originate?
12. Picasso's Guernica exhibits all the following characteristics EXCEPT
d. a kaleidoscope of vivid colors.
13. Which artist's Lucky Strike (1921) shows the influence of Synthetic Cubism and serves as a forerunner of later Pop Art?
14. The so-called "squatter," whose image represents an early example of the Cubist simultaneous view, appears in
a. Les Demoiselles d'Avignon.
15. The term Surrealism literally denotes
a. the prevalence of strangeness and unfamiliarity.
16. Whose Unique Forms of Continuity in Space exemplified the Futurist movement?
19. Collage exhibited all the following characteristics EXCEPT
d. elements of both Analytic and Synthetic Cubism.
20. Which artist adopted elements of Synthetic Cubism to paint the four murals Aspects of Negro Life for the New York Public Library?
21. Which artist's Violin and Pitcher (1909-10) suggests how difficult it can be to distinguish his work from that of Picasso during the period known as Analytic Cubism?
22. Picasso's Three Musicians (1921) exemplifies which style?
d. Synthetic Cubism
23. Synthetic Cubism differed from Analytic Cubism in that Synthetic Cubism
d. marked a return to bright colors.
24. What distinguishes a collage from an assemblage?
c. the mass and dimensionality of the constituent parts
25. Who created the assemblage Bull's Head (1943) from a bicycle seat and handlebars?
26. Which of the following traits is characteristic of Analytic Cubism?
a. the geometric exploration of three-dimensional space
27. The painting Les Demoiselles d'Avignon exhibits all the following characteristics EXCEPT
c. the use of chiaroscuro instead of Fauvist bold strokes of color.
28. Picasso's portrait of Gertrude Stein (1906) exhibits all the following characteristics EXCEPT
d. the predominance of the color blue.
29. Which of the following factors had the LEAST impact on the development of Cubism?
d. American art
30. The main European impetus for Cubism came from
a. Cézanne's new spatial organization.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Art History: CH 27
art history test 4
Art History Test #4
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Phonology Unit 1
Neuromotor Speech Disorders Exam 1
Medical Terminology Test 3 Terms
Medical Terminology Test 2 terms
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
Research Methods Exam 2
Gr.8 Science Chapter 1 Sec. 4
Social movements of 60's