5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- b. physical
- d. MAC addressing
- c. network design
- c. MTU black hole
- a. servers
- a Quantifying the need for equipment, operating systems, and network applications is a function of which of the following?
b. structured cabling
c. network design
- b Door locks, deadbolts, and motion sensors that protect equipment rooms are all forms of which type of security?
- c What is an MTU issue that can happen when a network device blocks ICMP traffic?
a. MTU fragmentation
b. Path MTU Discovery
c. MTU black hole
d. MTU mismatch
- d Design considerations such as purpose and functionality, operating system, redundancy, and backups primarily affect which of the following devices?
- e All of the following are design considerations in a network's IP address scheme EXCEPT:
a. DHCP address assignment
b. private IP addressing
c. static address assignment
d. MAC addressing
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which of the following can be used to avoid using a full-blown file server?
a. Network Attached Storage (NAS)
b. File Server
- Compatibility issues stemming from newer equipment or applications when integrated with older or legacy ones are called:
a. backward compatibility
b. data compatibility
c. frontward compatibility
d. connector compatibility
- Which of the following are ways that peripherals, such as printers and scanners, may be networked?
a. serial cable and dedicated
b. dedicated and shared from computer
c. shared from computer and virtualization
d. virtualization and serial cable
- Which of the following steps determines the requirements for the network?
a. define the network's needs
b. determine internal connections
c. determine external connections
d. plan security
- Structured cabling is a design consideration related to which of the following?
b. external connections
c. internal connections
5 True/False questions
a. data → Which of the following is NOT a consideration when considering electrical and environmental issues in equipment rooms?
d. electrical load capacity
a. printer and scanner → Which of the following are considered network peripherals?
a. printer and scanner
b. scanner and switch
c. switch and router
d. router and scanner
c. determining file and folder access permissions → All of the following are considerations in determining network needs EXCEPT:
a. determining how many servers are needed
b. determining host and server operating systems
c. determining file and folder access permissions
d. determining size and location
c. Power over Ethernet (PoE) and VLAN support → Which of the following are desired features on a network switch?
a. Power over Ethernet (PoE) and WAN support
b. VLAN support and WAN support
c. Power over Ethernet (PoE) and VLAN support
d. encryption and WAN support
b. acceptable use policies → Network design must consider all of the following factors EXCEPT:
b. acceptable use policies
c. system security
d. structured cabling