5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a. define the network's needs
- a. backward compatibility
- a. virtualization
- b. data format
- a. operating system
- a All of the following factors affect equipment room design and selection EXCEPT:
a. operating system
- b Which of the following can reduce equipment needs, consolidate servers, and provide security features to a network?
d. Software as a Service (SaaS)
- c Compatibility issues stemming from newer equipment or applications when integrated with older or legacy ones are called:
a. backward compatibility
b. data compatibility
c. frontward compatibility
d. connector compatibility
- d All of the following are security issues inherent in network design EXCEPT:
a. wireless encryption
b. data format
c. equipment theft
d. Access Control Lists
- e Which of the following steps determines the requirements for the network?
a. define the network's needs
b. determine internal connections
c. determine external connections
d. plan security
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which of the following are desired features on a network switch?
a. Power over Ethernet (PoE) and WAN support
b. VLAN support and WAN support
c. Power over Ethernet (PoE) and VLAN support
d. encryption and WAN support
- What is the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) for Ethernet?
a. 1400 bytes
b. 1000 bytes
c. 1500 bytes
d. 2500 bytes
- Which of the following is NOT a consideration when considering electrical and environmental issues in equipment rooms?
d. electrical load capacity
- Structured cabling is a design consideration related to which of the following?
b. external connections
c. internal connections
- What is an MTU issue that can happen when a network device blocks ICMP traffic?
a. MTU fragmentation
b. Path MTU Discovery
c. MTU black hole
d. MTU mismatch
5 True/False questions
c. network design → Quantifying the need for equipment, operating systems, and network applications is a function of which of the following?
b. structured cabling
c. network design
a. Network Attached Storage (NAS) → Which of the following can be used to avoid using a full-blown file server?
a. Network Attached Storage (NAS)
b. File Server
a. printer and scanner → Which of the following are considered network peripherals?
a. printer and scanner
b. scanner and switch
c. switch and router
d. router and scanner
c. VLAN support → Which of the following switch features can be used to prevent broadcasts from spanning networks?
c. lights-out management → Which of the following enables access and management capabilities on servers and network devices even when there is no power to the device?
a. virtual management
c. lights-out management
d. remote management