0) This Deck is Myth or Fact Cards for Sprint Retrospective.
1) The retrospective meeting can also be used by the Scrum Master to assess each team member's performance during the sprint.
2) The retrospective meeting can be combined with the Sprint Planning meeting so that external stakeholders know what is going on in the team.
3) The purpose of Retrospective is to inspect and adapt to become more effective and efficient the next sprint.
4) All the scrum team members are not required for the retrospective meeting, only those who have any concerns.
Myth. The entire team inspects and adapts at this event.
5) The retrospective meeting is optional as the teams are anyways inspecting during the daily scrum.
Myth. However There are teams where there is a practice called daily retro, what is one thing we want to change for tomorrow is discussed for five minutes at the end of the day.
6) The Sprint Retrospective occurs after the sprint review and prior to the next sprint planning.
Fact. It is the last event in the Sprint.
7) The Scrum master ensures that retrospectives are effective by encouraging the people to be transparent, open and have candid discussions.
Fact. This is the reason it's important to not invite members from outside the Scrum team. Also generally a rule that is followed is the same as the Vegas Rule. What happens in a Retro Stays in a retro
8) The team members come up with improvements that the team can implement in the next sprint.
9) The number one reason for Retrospective to fail is when Action Items from a retrospective are not attended to.
10) The Product Owner is optional to the retrospective.
Myth. PO is part of the Scrum team. Anyone outside the Scrum time is not recommended at the retrospective.