5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- a Chris Ofili created Prince among Thieves with Flowers using ________ as his medium.
a. pen and ink
e. brush and ink
- b Which of the following is NOT one of the techniques of intaglio printing?
- c In Albrecht Dürer's woodcut The Draftsman Drawing a Reclining Nude, the draftsman is using a device to help him achieve the effect of:
c. a restricted palette.
d. the illusion of motion.
e. simultaneous contrast.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Raphael's The Madonna of the Meadows is composed using the implied shape of a:
- Picasso and Braque, working side-by-side, glued bits of paper and other objects onto canvas to create:
d. egg tempera.
e. None of these answers is correct.
- Raymond Pettibon:
a. exhibits each of his works individually.
b. only uses sculpture as a medium.
c. displays his drawings as elements in larger installations.
d. hangs his work from the ceiling away from any wall.
e. creates large-scale drawings with enormous physical presence.
- Pen and ink was the favorite sketching medium of ________, one of the greatest draftsmen of the 17th century.
b. All of these answers are correct.
- The difference in the color and consistency of different types of crayons and pastels is due to:
a. the use of liquid pigmentation.
b. the use of different binders.
c. None of these answers is correct; there is no difference.
d. the fact that these media do not need a binding agent.
e. the fact that crayons are made for children, while pastels are made for artists.
5 True/False questions
b → The idea that a print is made from a matrix has been altered by the use of ________ to make prints.
b. lithographic stone
d. the planographic process
e. an artist-quality printer
c → Lines are used in art to indicate:
a. boundaries between forms.
b. direction and motion.
c. shadows and highlights.
d. spatial depth on flat surfaces.
e. All of these answers are correct.
c → Which of the following media is the most common of all drawing media?
a. Conté crayon
b. Graphite pencil
c. Pen and ink
c → In fresco painting, a drawing called a ________ is transferred to the prepared surface prior to applying the pigment.
d → In buon fresco, or true fresco, pigment is mixed with water and applied to:
a. dry plaster.
b. stretched canvas.
c. hot beeswax.
d. wet plaster.
e. raw silk.