5 Written questions
2 Matching questions
- a ________ process.
- b Printing impressions on top of one another from separate blocks in order to achieve full-color woodcut prints requires careful alignment of the paper, known as:
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two ancient painting media that are still in use today are:
a. acrylics and oils.
b. encaustic and fresco.
c. gouache and oils.
d. collage and acrylics.
e. gouache and fresco.
- One of the main differences between the intaglio and the relief printing processes is that with intaglio the ink ________ the surface of the printing plate.
a. lies above
b. lies below
c. lies even with
d. is forced through
e. None of these answers is correct.
- Julie Mehretu's use of the rapidograph and translucent mylar intentionally evokes:
a. newspaper layout.
b. architectural drafting.
d. computer graphics.
- The coloring material in virtually all drawing media is known as:
- One of the advantages of oil painting is that it dries very slowly. This allows for:
a. a subtle blending of colors.
b. the painting to be reworked indefinitely.
c. the application of layers of paint on top of one another.
d. an almost infinite range of consistencies.
e. All of these answers are correct.
5 True/False questions
d → By the 1950s, this new synthetic paint would challenge oils as the principal painting medium. What is it?
b → In fresco painting, a drawing called a ________ is transferred to the prepared surface prior to applying the pigment.
a → The style used by Georges Seurat in Café-concert is:
d. conceptual art.
d → Mixing two primary colors produces a ________ color.
b → ________ is/are among the materials besides paper that have provided support for drawings.
b. Fired clay
c. Cave walls
d. All of these answers are correct.