5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- a In art, shapes that suggest forms found in nature are called ________ shapes.
- b Lithography is a __________ process, which means that the printing surface is flat, not raised.
- c In metalpoint, lines are drawn with a silver ________ onto a surface coated with a preliminary coating of paint.
- d Sol LeWitt's Wall Drawing #122 is an example of:
c. None of these answers is correct.
d. conceptual art.
5 Multiple choice questions
- In fresco painting, a drawing called a ________ is transferred to the prepared surface prior to applying the pigment.
- Which of the visual elements can best be described as "the path of a moving point"?
- In painting and drawing, artists often use the technique of ________ to describe the way shadows and light define the mass of forms.
b. spatial organization
c. isometric perspective
d. simultaneous contrast
- Traditional Chinese artists used _________, the oldest painting medium in continuous use.
b. encaustic paint
e. ink sticks
- The first acclaimed artist to understand and exploit oil painting was:
a. Jan van Eyck.
b. Leonardo da Vinci.
d. Oskar Kokoschka.
e. Georgia O'Keeffe.
5 True/False questions
c → Which is NOT one of the four basic printmaking processes?
b → Julie Mehretu's use of the rapidograph and translucent mylar intentionally evokes:
a. newspaper layout.
b. architectural drafting.
d. computer graphics.
d → Two ancient painting media that are still in use today are:
a. acrylics and oils.
b. encaustic and fresco.
c. gouache and oils.
d. collage and acrylics.
e. gouache and fresco.
b → Chris Ofili created Prince among Thieves with Flowers using ________ as his medium.
a. pen and ink
e. brush and ink
b → Pope Julius II employed which two Italian Renaissance artists to paint frescoes for him?
a. Rivera and Kahlo
b. Michelangelo and Raphael
c. Van Gogh and Gauguin
d. Vermeer and Van Eyck
e. Donatello and Titian