5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- True or false: The rate of divorce among remarried couples is much lower than the rate of divorce among first time marriages.
- According to Robert Merton, ________ are the intended beneficial consequences of people's actions.
- True or false: According to Max Weber, the "sign" Calvinists looked for as an indication they were saved was their successful investment in capital.
- a manifest functions
- b True
- c False
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stereotypes are the assumptions we make that can become self-fulfilling prophecies.
- social integration
- Culture is taken for granted by members of society who share it.
- a structure
- The self-concept begins in childhood and continues as an ongoing, lifelong process.
5 True/False questions
Symbols can be strung together in an infinite number of ways for the purpose of communicating abstract thought. This is referred to as ________. → roles
Differential association theory was developed by sociologist ________. → Edwin Sutherland
In recent years, cultures have become more similar to each other as a result of travel and communication. Sociologists use the term "________" to describe this process. → True
True or false: The difference between role and status is that we occupy a status and play a role. → False
True or false: Research has demonstrated that prejudice can have positive ramifications. → True