5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When young people enter college as resident students, they must learn new norms, values, attitudes, and behaviors. This is an example of ________.
- In society, which group has the greatest power, privileges, and social status?
- True or false: Stereotypes deeply influence how we react to one another.
- True or false: Background assumptions rarely contribute to our expectations.
- According to control theory, when are inner controls MOST effective in deterring deviant behavior?
- a the dominant group
- b resocialization
- c False
- d True
- e In the presence of strong attachments, commitments, and involvement with other members of society.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mothers unconsciously rewarded their daughters for being dependent.
- Stereotypes are the assumptions we make that can become self-fulfilling prophecies.
- symbolic interactionism
- achievement and success
5 True/False questions
In 1906, sociologist William Sumner made the comment, "One's own group is the center of everything, and all others are scaled and rated with reference to it." This statement is most aligned with the concept of ________. → ethnocentrism
What is another name for multiculturalism? → being a high school dropout
Which statement is most
accurate regarding the meaning of race? → being a high school dropout
What was Weber's term to describe the ideal of a self-denying, highly moral life, accompanied by hard work and frugality? → bourgeoisie; proletariat
Suicide bombers in Iraq are accorded high praise by those who oppose an American presence in the Middle East and are considered heroic warriors. Such honor and praise is an example of a ________. → leisure, self-fulfillment, physical fitness, youthfulness, and environmental concern