5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- True or false: Slavery as it was practiced in the pre-Civil War South and apartheid as practiced in South Africa are two examples of internal colonialism.
- Someone with an outstanding gift or exceptional quality that draws others to them and their message is said to possess ________.
- The feeling of sexual attraction and idealization of another is called ________.
- True or false: The rate of divorce among remarried couples is much lower than the rate of divorce among first time marriages.
- The ________ theory developed by Robert Merton is based on the idea that most people want to attain cultural goals, but not everyone has the legitimate means of achieving them.
- a strain
- b charisma
- c True
- d False
- e romantic love
5 Multiple choice questions
- C. Wright Mills
- They are a group.
- we occupy a status that is a social position, but we play a role that is a social expectation
5 True/False questions
Facial expressions, posture, and gestures are all examples of ________. → ideal culture
Expectations that define appropriate or inappropriate behavior for the occupant of a status are called ________. → roles
Going to college and having a successful career is an example of ________. → ideal culture
True or false: Sociologists often use "common sense" to understand they way the world "is." → True
For the last five years, Sarah has been trying to recover her ethnic heritage by tracing her family line. This attempt to trace her family line is an example of ________. → True