5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The symbolic interactionist who stressed that play was crucial to the development of the concept of self was ________.
- John was adopted as an infant by the Smiths, and has always considered them his real family. What do sociologists classify the Smith family as it is regarded by John?
- The automobile, and the skills needed to drive it, would be an example of ________.
- Mark and Sally are married, both are working, and they chose not to have children. What classification best fits them?
- True or false: Ascribed status is involuntary and achieved status is voluntary.
- a They are DINKS.
- b It is his family of orientation.
- c True
- d George Herbert Mead
- e technology
5 Multiple choice questions
- formal operational stage
5 True/False questions
McDonald's sells Quarter Pounders in Tokyo, Moscow, Paris, Berlin, and practically every other major city in the world. Mickey Mouse and Fred Flintstone are among the most popular cartoon figures in Mexico. These are examples of ________. → It reinforces gender roles considered appropriate for one's sex.
The notion that language determines our consciousness is the basic premise of which concept? → Sapir Whorf Principle
Karl Marx suggested that the force that drives human history and is at the core of human society is ________. → True
People and groups that influence our orientation to life—our self-concept, emotions, attitudes, and behaviors—are called ________. → agents of socialization
Like our mind, our emotions depend on ______. → socialization