5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- True or false: The corners of life that people occupy, such as jobs, income, education, gender, age, and race, are referred to as the social imperative.
- True or false: Some people have a contradiction or a mismatch between their statuses.
- Why can't sociologists empirically study religion?
- Max Weber referred to the self-denying approach to life characterized by people living frugal lives and saving their money as the ________.
- a True
- b Religion is a matter of faith that is beyond objective evaluation.
- c False
- d Protestant ethic
5 Multiple choice questions
- one race is superior to another; pure races exist
- we occupy a status that is a social position, but we play a role that is a social expectation
5 True/False questions
How has the age of the average first-time bride and groom in the United States changed since 1890? → False
True or false: The split labor market and reserve labor force are most aligned with the symbolic interactionist perspective. → True
True or False: Because sociology is based on common sense, it is an excellent discipline for students to study who approach the world in a rational, matter-of-fact way. → True
True or false: Despite her acclaimed research on social life, until recently Harriet Martineau was best known for translating Comte's works on sociology into English. → False
In the context of dramaturgy, impression management deals with ____________. → how we want others to perceive us