5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- In society, which group has the greatest power, privileges, and social status?
- The ________ theory developed by Robert Merton is based on the idea that most people want to attain cultural goals, but not everyone has the legitimate means of achieving them.
- True or false: Sociologists who use the functionalist perspective stress how industrialization and urbanization have undermined the traditional functions of the family.
- The theory of behavior in which people who associate with some groups learn an "excess of definitions" of deviance, increasing the likelihood that they will become deviant is ________.
- a True
- b strain
- c differential association theory
- d the dominant group
5 Multiple choice questions
- value cluster
- the reserve labor force
5 True/False questions
True or false: Some people have a contradiction or a mismatch between their statuses. → True
Karl Marx suggested that the force that drives human history and is at the core of human society is ________. → self-fulfillment
True or false: Applying the scientific method to the social world is called empiricism. → False
Mead describes the active, creative, and spontaneous part of the self as the ________. → body language
With 54 million members, which denomination has the highest membership in the United States? → False