5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Panama Canal
- Physical geography
- culture spreads
- a a waterway built to shorten route between Atlantic and Pacific oceans and also a cultural crossroads
- b the study of physical features of the earth's surface
- c Land of the Midnight Sun
- d People moving and the ripple effect are two ways that
- e North American Free Trade Agreement
5 Multiple choice questions
- Powerful city in Ancient Greece that was a leader in arts, sciences, philosophy, DEMOCRACY and architecture.
- Those U.S. firms that have factories just outside the United States/Mexican border in areas that have been specially designated by the Mexican government. In such areas, factories cheaply assemble goods for export back into the United States.
- the spread of ideas from one culture to another
- ground that is permanently frozen
- the land mass formed by the continents of Europe and Asia
5 True/False questions
first nations → coperations with assets in many different countries; bring jobs, tech, produts for developing nations
salt flat → a flat expanse of salt left by the evaporation of a body of salt water
multinationals → the name used by Canada's Aboriginal or indigenous peoples, which refers to INDIAN peoples and may sometimes include the MÉTIS and INUIT.
Human geography → the study of physical features of the earth's surface
aquifer → underground bed or layer yielding ground water for wells and springs etc (under Sahara desert for example)