5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nile River
- Earth System
- St. Lawrence Seaway
- Lake Baikal
- a system of locks, canals, and dams that allows ships to move from one water level to another completed in 1959; makes it easier to move goods from the US to Canada
- b world's oldest and deepest freshwater lake
- c In the Soviet Union, forced labor camps where criminals and political prisoners were held under Stalin
- d The system that consists of the hydrosphere, atmosphere, lithosphere, and biosphere that are the intermediates from Solar energy to infrared energy
- e supplies about 95% of Egypt's water
5 Multiple choice questions
- The practice of rotating use of different fields from crop to crop each year, to avoid exhausting the soil.
- the rich black topsoil found in the North European Plain, especially in Russia and Ukraine
- the name used by Canada's Aboriginal or indigenous peoples, which refers to INDIAN peoples and may sometimes include the MÉTIS and INUIT.
- Gross Domestic Product- the total market value of all final goods and services produced annually in an economy, measure of the United States economy adopted in 1991
- location, place, interaction, movement, region
5 True/False questions
North European Plain → An economic and political grouping of countries of Europe that have over 15 countries in Western Europe as members. List some issues
Rub al Khali → the lowest place on the exposed crust of the earth; a landlocked salt lake between Israel and Jordan that is so salty that almost nothing can live in its waters; it is 1,349 feet below sea level
list the second of the three characteristics of water → heat and cool slowly
strategic commodity → A resource so important that nations will go to war to ensure its steady supply.
Panama Canal → The great period of rebirth in art, literature, and learning in the 14th-16th centuries, which marked the transition into the modern periods of European history