5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Human Improvement
- Da Vinci
- Medici Family
- a banking family in control of Florence who helped to foster the spirit of humanism. With this spirit, Florence became the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. Did whatever it takes to get money and power.
- b did Mona Lisa and the Last Supper
- c the belief that people should develop their talents through many activities: politics, sports, and the arts.
- d Wrote plays- comedies, tragedies, and histories
- e city known for banking and art
5 Multiple choice questions
- Period from about 1350 to 1550, when there was a rebirth of classical values and art.
- 1. People are important
2. It is important to be happy during life on earth
3. Humans are capable of accomplishing great things
- political scientist who wrote "the prince"
- an emphasis on the dignity and worth of the individual person
- the guiding philosophy of the renaissance
5 True/False questions
Rome → city known for architecture
Petrarch → Poet from Italy who wrote sonnets to his love who died in the plague
getting into heaven or hell → life's only purpose during the middle ages
Pieter Brueghel → painter who made it look like his paintings took place in the Renaissance even though they don't
Michelangelo → did David, Pieta, and Sistine Chapel