5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- praise of folly
- Pieter Brueghel
- Medici Family
- a banking family in control of Florence who helped to foster the spirit of humanism. With this spirit, Florence became the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. Did whatever it takes to get money and power.
- b painter who made it look like his paintings took place in the Renaissance even though they don't
- c Wrote plays- comedies, tragedies, and histories
- d city known for architecture
- e idea that the church is corrupt and silly (we are praising silliness)
5 Multiple choice questions
- the belief that people should develop their talents through many activities: politics, sports, and the arts.
- created the idea of Utopia, the perfect world
- priest who hated Renaissance art and In 1492 gets enough people to kick the Medici's out of Florence
- life's only purpose during the middle ages
- city known for banking and art
5 True/False questions
Individualism → an emphasis on the dignity and worth of the individual person
Renaissance → Period from about 1350 to 1550, when there was a rebirth of classical values and art.
Humanism → the guiding philosophy of the renaissance
Da Vinci → city known for trade
The Printing Press → invention that allows books to be made and humanist ideas to be spread