5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Human Improvement
- Desidarius Erasmus
- Da Vinci
- a the belief that people should develop their talents through many activities: politics, sports, and the arts.
- b did Mona Lisa and the Last Supper
- c Wrote plays- comedies, tragedies, and histories
- d city known for banking and art
- e wrote the praise of folly
5 Multiple choice questions
- city known for architecture
- painter whose paintings are full of symbolism
- banking family in control of Florence who helped to foster the spirit of humanism. With this spirit, Florence became the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance. Did whatever it takes to get money and power.
- 1. People are important
2. It is important to be happy during life on earth
3. Humans are capable of accomplishing great things
- the guiding philosophy of the renaissance
5 True/False questions
Michelangelo → did David, Pieta, and Sistine Chapel
praise of folly → idea that the church is corrupt and silly (we are praising silliness)
Thomas More → Wrote plays- comedies, tragedies, and histories
Machiavelli → political scientist who wrote "the prince"
getting into heaven or hell → life's only purpose during the middle ages