5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sandra Day O'Connor
- Iran Hostage Crisis
- Geraldine Ferraro
- Congress and President Amendments
- a showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- b A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
- c Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- d 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
- e first woman to serve as a _________________ Justice
5 Multiple choice questions
- an official policy of racial segregation practiced in _______________ involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against non-whites.
- President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
- Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
- to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
5 True/False questions
Due ____________ → Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
___________ and Balances → 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
Republic → President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
Reconstruction Amendments → 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
Glasnost → Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression