5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Iran Hostage Crisis
- a a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
- b Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
- c A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
- d to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
- e the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
5 Multiple choice questions
- President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
- President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
- 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
- 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
5 True/False questions
Strategic ____________ Initiative (SDI) → Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
Ratify → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
___________ and Balances → 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
Panama Canal Treaties → Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
Congress and President Amendments → 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote