5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Congress and President Amendments
- Whip ______________ Now (WIN)
- Due ____________
- Social Control Amendments
- a President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
- b 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
- c 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- d Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
- e President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
5 Multiple choice questions
- showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
- Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
5 True/False questions
Strategic ____________ Initiative (SDI) → Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
___________ and Balances → Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
Iran-Contra Affair → scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
Voting Amendments → 15. African American males were given the right to vote; 19. Women granted suffrage (voting rights); 24. ________ taxes were banned; 26. Lowered the voting age to _____
Perestroika → an official policy of racial segregation practiced in _______________ involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against non-whites.