5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Moral __________
- Congress and President Amendments
- ________ David Accords
- Social Control Amendments
- a Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
- b President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
- c 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
- d 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
- e 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
5 Multiple choice questions
- Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
- Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- an official policy of racial segregation practiced in _______________ involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against non-whites.
5 True/False questions
Bill of Rights → 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
Voting Amendments → 15. African American males were given the right to vote; 19. Women granted suffrage (voting rights); 24. ________ taxes were banned; 26. Lowered the voting age to _____
Iran Hostage Crisis → scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
Geraldine Ferraro → Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
Sandra Day O'Connor → first woman to serve as a _________________ Justice