5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Right
- Panama Canal Treaties
- a a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
- b the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
- c Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- d to approve or pass a law
- e Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
5 Multiple choice questions
- President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
- A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
- 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
- scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
5 True/False questions
Moral __________ → Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
________ David Accords → Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
Glasnost → Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
Clemency → showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
___________ and Balances → 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter