5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Voting Amendments
- Moral __________
- Geraldine Ferraro
- a the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
- b Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- c Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
- d Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
- e 15. African American males were given the right to vote; 19. Women granted suffrage (voting rights); 24. ________ taxes were banned; 26. Lowered the voting age to _____
5 Multiple choice questions
- 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
- a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
- showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
- to approve or pass a law
5 True/False questions
Due ____________ → Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
________ David Accords → Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
Whip ______________ Now (WIN) → President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
Pardon → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
Apartheid → an official policy of racial segregation practiced in _______________ involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against non-whites.