5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Strategic ____________ Initiative (SDI)
- Moral __________
- ________ David Accords
- a 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
- b Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
- c Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
- d Fundamentalist Christian group that was part of the New Right. They advocated Conservative politics like creationist biology, prayer in school, anti-abortion, anti-equality for gays
- e Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
5 Multiple choice questions
- to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
- to approve or pass a law
- President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
- 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
5 True/False questions
Veto → to approve or pass a law
Sandra Day O'Connor → first woman to serve as a _________________ Justice
Iran Hostage Crisis → scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
Panama Canal Treaties → Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
Bill of Rights → 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states