5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Geraldine Ferraro
- Due ____________
- Panama Canal Treaties
- a Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- b Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- c Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
- d an official policy of racial segregation practiced in _______________ involving political, legal, and economic discrimination against non-whites.
- e Soviet policy established in the 1980s that initiated political and economic reforms
5 Multiple choice questions
- 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
- showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
- 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
- Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
5 True/False questions
New Right → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
Republic → a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
Voting Amendments → 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
Reaganomics → a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
Iran-Contra Affair → scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________