5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Iran Hostage Crisis
- Due ____________
- Voting Amendments
- Geraldine Ferraro
- Panama Canal Treaties
- a A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
- b 15. African American males were given the right to vote; 19. Women granted suffrage (voting rights); 24. ________ taxes were banned; 26. Lowered the voting age to _____
- c Walter Mondale's ____________________ choice in the 1984 presidential election.
- d Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
- e Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
5 Multiple choice questions
- 13. __________________ ; 14. granted citizenship to ex-slaves; 15. granted male African Americans the right to vote
- President Ford's slogan to gain support for anti-inflation programs
- Reagan's massively expensive defense plan to block a Soviet missile attack from outer space.
- the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)
- 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
5 True/False questions
Clemency → showing mercy or leniency towards a crime committed.
Bill of Rights → 1. freedom of expression; 2. right to bear arms; 3. quartering of soldiers in peace time; 4. protection from illegal __________ and __________; 5. due process; 6. right to speedy _________; 7. right to trial by jury; 8. protection against cruel and unusual punishment; 9. rights granted to the people; and 10. rights granted to the states
Glasnost → to officially forgive and erase the crimes someone has committed or is accused of committing.
New Right → a political system in which the citizens elect _________________ to make laws.
Ratify → to approve or pass a law