5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Right
- Sandra Day O'Connor
- Due ____________
- ___________ and Balances
- ________ David Accords
- a Conservative voter groups that grew in strength in the 80s.
- b Policy that establishes that one branch of government would need the approval of the other two branches to ensure a separation of power.
- c Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
- d first woman to serve as a _________________ Justice
- e 1978 Peace agreement between Egypt and Israel negotiated by Carter
5 Multiple choice questions
- Soviet policy established in the 1980s that promoted political openness and freedom of expression
- A situation taking place between 1979-1981, in which 52 American __________ were held hostage at the U.S. Embassy in Iran
- Agreement by U.S. and Panamanian leaders in the 1970s to transfer control of the Panama Canal to Panama by the year ________
- 18. Prohibited the manufacture and sale of ____________; 21. Prohibition repealed
- 17. _________ are directly elected by the people, not chosen by state governments; 22. President serves a maximum of ____________; 25. If president dies or resigned, the VP becomes president
5 True/False questions
Iran-Contra Affair → scandal in 1980s in which weapons were sold to Iran for the exchange of American __________
Geraldine Ferraro → to approve or pass a law
Moral __________ → Principle that the government must respect all the legal rights that are owed to a person under the law
Reaganomics → President Reagan's economic program based on large tax cuts and less government regulation to encourage business investments.
Veto → the ________________ (or executive's) privilege to reject something (a law)