5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- British East India Company
- Cultural Revolution
- a Chartered organisation that maintained its economic monopoly with its own army and it eventually conquered all of India
- b former kingdom in north-central Europe including present-day northern Germany and northern Poland
- c a radical sociopolitical movement in China c1966-71, led by Mao Zedong and characterized by military rule, terrorism, purges, restructuring of the educational system, etc.
- d murder for a political reason
- e native African tribe that resisted Boers' migration
5 Multiple choice questions
- English general and statesman who led the parliamentary army in the English Civil War (1599-1658)
- systematic killing of a racial or cultural group
- The potato crops in Ireland became diseased and the Irish starved. Set off the immigration to the U.S.
- Russian Czar during WWI; unpopular with Russian people; overthrown in March 1917; executed by Bolsheviks after November Revolution (1917)
- This lowest social class included serfs and freemen.
5 True/False questions
Ottoman Empire → a Muslim empire that lasted from the early 1400s until after WWI
Great Depression → a severe, world wide economic crisis which lasted from the end of 1929 to the outbreak of World War II.
Colonization → system of settling new lands that remain under the government of their native land
Russo-Japanese War → Battles between Russia and Japan over imperial possessions. Japan wins.
Red Guard → a radical political movement by Chinese youths who espoused Maoist principles