5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Boer War
- Great Purge
- Boxer Rebellion
- Soviet Union
- Simon Bolivar
- a A 1900 Uprising in China aimed at ending foreign influence in the country.
- b "The Liberator", led many independence movements, Venezuela
- c A Communist nation, consisting of Russia and 14 other states, that existed from 1922 to 1991.
- d Beginning in 1934, Stalin's plan to eliminate all opposition to his Communist government.
- e Lasting from 1899 to 1902, Dutch colonists and the British competed for control of territory in South Africa.
5 Multiple choice questions
- conservative, reactionary meeting, led by prince metternich, restore europe to prerevolution time
- the idea that all humans are born with rights, which include the right to life, liberty, and property
- written by Rousseau stating that the government officials cannot rule without the consent of the people
- a radical political movement by Chinese youths who espoused Maoist principles
- Another name for the Enlightenment
5 True/False questions
Collective → French writer who was the embodiment of 18th century Enlightenment (1694-1778)
Peasantry → the easing of tensions or strained relations (especially between nations)
Philip II → a war between people of the same country
dictatorship → government in which one person or a small group holds complete authority
Duma → Russian Parliament