5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Balance of Power
- Adam Smith
- Battle of Britain
- Raw Materials
- a British economist who pushed laissez-faire economics
- b Laws (no longer in effect) in South Africa that physically separated different races into different geographic areas.
- c Something used by an industry to be processed into a more finished state.
- d the prolonged bombardment of British cities by the German Luftwaffe during World War II and the aerial combat that accompanied it
- e system that prevents any one country from dominating the others
5 Multiple choice questions
- the great fleet sent from Spain against England by Philip II in 1588
- the working class
- a severe, world wide economic crisis which lasted from the end of 1929 to the outbreak of World War II.
- airlift in 1948 that supplied food and fuel to citizens of west Berlin when the Russians closed off land access to Berlin
- a Muslim empire that lasted from the early 1400s until after WWI
5 True/False questions
Cardinal Richelieu → This was the man who influenced the power of King Louis XIII the most and tried to make France an absolute monarchy
Zulu → Russian Parliament
Cultural Revolution → A 1900 Uprising in China aimed at ending foreign influence in the country.
Opium War → Lasting from 1899 to 1902, Dutch colonists and the British competed for control of territory in South Africa.
Axis Powers → world war I alliance of Britian, France, and Russia, and later joined by Italy, the United States, and others.