5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- coup d'etat
- Allied Powers
- a A sudden overthrow of the government by a small group
- b middle class
- c world war I alliance of Britian, France, and Russia, and later joined by Italy, the United States, and others.
- d political and spiritual leader during India's struggle with Great Britain for home rule
- e former kingdom in north-central Europe including present-day northern Germany and northern Poland
5 Multiple choice questions
- Chartered organisation that maintained its economic monopoly with its own army and it eventually conquered all of India
- Battles between Russia and Japan over imperial possessions. Japan wins.
- native African tribe that resisted Boers' migration
- in World War II, the nations of Germany, Italy, and Japan, which had formed an alliance in 1936.
- a radical political movement by Chinese youths who espoused Maoist principles
5 True/False questions
Catherine the Great → Was the ruler of Prussia (a German state) and centralized the government and put it under his control. He was also known for being the royla drill sergent and improving his army.
Czar Nicholas II → Russian Czar during WWI; unpopular with Russian people; overthrown in March 1917; executed by Bolsheviks after November Revolution (1917)
Philip II → English king that left the catholic church and started the Church of England
Boxer Rebellion → A 1900 Uprising in China aimed at ending foreign influence in the country.
Divine Right → belief that a rulers authority comes directly from god.